Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is an action adventure game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Namco-Bandai. A very loose retelling of "Journey to the West," Enslaved follows the story of Monkey and Trip as they attempt to cross a post-apocalyptic Planet Earth.

PC version. Any good?

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I remember seeing this game years ago and thinking it looked cool and now that it's on steam for 20.00 I might have to pick it up. Has anyone played the PC version? If so what did you think of it. Good? Bad?

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Have not played the PC version (loved the 360 one). It was ported by Iron Galaxy, which is generally a good sign. And if you don't like it, you can always bitch at him on Twitter.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Would you trust this man with your PC port?

No Caption Provided

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

The entirety of my knowledge about Enslaved is contained in that 1 min video.

Loading Video...

I still kinda want to try it someday.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow... I didn't even realize it was coming to PC. I'll throw it on my wishlist and pick it up during the next big steam sale.

I've had an interest in it, but not enough to dust off my 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

It's a solid above average action-adventure with fun characters and colorful environments, but like Vinny I never really understood why that game got as hyped as it did by certain individuals. It's a pleasant experience, but it doesn't really do anything new, the story has a fairly predictable twist to it, the overall progress is very linear, and the gameplay is pretty basic. It just seemed like the kind of under-the-radar game that made people feel special by including it in their GOTY lists if only because very few people noticed it. The kind of "Oh I was really into this game; you've probably never heard of it" stuff that makes me cringe whenever people say that about music.

For 20 dollars it's a perfectly good purchase, and there is at least very little actively awful about it. The PC version would probably be great, considering the framerate and texture issues the game had on consoles.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks and plays great so far. One very obvious issue is that it stutters every time there's a transition from cutscene to gameplay. And there are A Lot of cutscenes, so it gets annoying.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two things to mention so far:

First one is pretty much covered by @newhaap. Stuttering is very, very, very annoying.
    Second thing is, if you love graphic options, this game will disappoint you. The only thing you can change is the resolution. That's it. It still looks good though.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic writing, acting, and motion capture, excellent character interactions, serviceable gameplay.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That kind of dropped out of nowhere.

I'm guessing it's worth it - there was plenty of talk at the time. Pigsy's Perfect 10 is included, so there's that.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Zurv

It is looking good so far. I needed to edit the ini because the rez maxed out at 1920x1200 - but it is UE3 game... easy to tweak. But that pause after loading is a pain and while minor.. it happens all the time >.<

I'm sure it is MUCH better than the console version. They suffered from the same stuff but had fps issues and were low rez (like all console games)

Loading Video...

grafix are much nicer than I thought they'd be. I'm really looking forward to playing it (well.. the story at least) - but that is going to be after the new batman.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JasonR86

The PC porty-ness of it is kind of shitty really. The graphics options are vsync and resolution options. That's it. You'll have to go into the game's directory and change config files the complicated, shitty way to adapt the settings to your system. That sucks.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Lame to hear about the port issues. Was hoping there wouldn't be any; guess I'll wait until it's $5-10 on sale.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@jasonr86 said:

The PC porty-ness of it is kind of shitty really. The graphics options are vsync and resolution options. That's it. You'll have to go into the game's directory and change config files the complicated, shitty way to adapt the settings to your system. That sucks.

Someone will have a tool for the game in a week or so I bet

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@pr1mus: hrmmm.. that made me sad.. i miss Ryan :(

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@pr1mus said:

The entirety of my knowledge about Enslaved is contained in that 1 min video.

Loading Video...

I still kinda want to try it someday.

That is how I feel about people that think Halo is this deep, tactical shooter.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The port is pretty poor, it certainly runs ok but the game has zero options. There is a vsync option and a resolution option that doesn't go past 1920x1200 (2560 monitors don't exist I tells ya). It does however seem to work, but your going to have to dick around in the ini file to turn shit off and on and manually set a resolution past 1920.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Doskias

@newhaap said:

Looks and plays great so far. One very obvious issue is that it stutters every time there's a transition from cutscene to gameplay. And there are A Lot of cutscenes, so it gets annoying.

That gets really annoying, really quick. Still love the game, though.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a joke of a port.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By altairre

@pr1mus: They're doing a really good job but that's the stuff that's missing from the bombcast now.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enslaved is shit, so I can only imagine the PC version continues to be shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.