Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is an action adventure game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Namco-Bandai. A very loose retelling of "Journey to the West," Enslaved follows the story of Monkey and Trip as they attempt to cross a post-apocalyptic Planet Earth.

The Ending ... help.

dirtydata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dirtydata

After beating the game I have a few questions maybe some other fans can answer for me.

The whole ending is what threw me for a loop.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Have a great weekend!
    super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By super2j

Well im not exactly sure but let me lend my speculation.  
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////SPOILERS\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    1) This has to be a plain plot hole that leads into why pigsy must die and gives him a reason to tag along
    2) there apparantly is not any autopilot as they made us believe pigsy drove the machine all the way to pyramid. So when the count down was happening, i guess they wanted to make it so he has to steer into the enemy. Granted he only dies because they wanted him too, he could have easily escaped. But then wouldnt he be a third wheel? 
    3)thats something i dont understand, were they trying to gather everybody to become part of the virtual world? if so, in the beginning when monkey asked the guard about where his gear was, why did HE die or more importantly why was he conscious to the real world?

dirtydata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dirtydata

I hope someone who understands the ending can shed some light on this.

If these plot hole, which are the basis for the entire game, are there, should the game's story be so highly praised?

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jasta

1. Sounds about right.

2. I think he needed to move the leviathan far enough away (since it can only be driven manually) so they were out of the blast radius.

3. They are capturing people, and killing anyone who tries to stop them from doing so. The slaver machines were trying to kill you to prevent what you ended up doing at the end of the game, breaking Pyramid. 

dirtydata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dirtydata
    @Jasta said:
    "
    3. They are capturing people, and killing anyone who tries to stop them from doing so. The slaver machines were trying to kill you to prevent what you ended up doing at the end of the game, breaking Pyramid. 

"

Boom!  This is what I was missing.  I got mixed up at the end because the message was that Pyramid wasn't killing people, it was saving them.  Thanks for the help. 

Anyone else get a little confused?
    jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jasta
    @DirtyData:

No worries. 

It took me a couple of minutes while the credits rolled to put everything into perspective. Neat way to round up the story, I had no idea where it was going until those last few scenes.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By nick_verissimo
    @DirtyData said:
    "Boom!  This is what I was missing.  I got mixed up at the end because the message was that Pyramid wasn't killing people, it was saving them.  Thanks for the help.   Anyone else get a little confused"? 
    Ya, I literally just finished the game like an hour ago and had the same problems with the ending as the game was really great up until that end cutscene of Chapter 14 and the epilogue.  I also would've liked a little more closure with what Monkey and Trip did after they left Pyramid.   

Did anyone else think that using FMV for the ending was a weird choice? It kind of worked I guess, but it sort of took me out of it based on the fact that they used Andy Serkis to do that part.
    Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Raven10

Pyramid wasn't killing anyone. It was capturing people and putting them in a virtual reality world that simulated current society. Because the post-apocolypse world sucked so much, Pyramid was trying to help these people live fake good lives. They weren't slaves, but willing members of a larger group. The slave that died at the beginning was sort of a special case, as he and his fellows were drafted to capture other people instead of living in the fake utopia. At the end Pyramid is destroyed and all the people wake up from the virtual world.  

As for the Leviathon, it wasn't designed to be driven by a machine. It was designed to be driven by the bandits who were going to attack pyramid. There was no autopilot so Pigsy had to drive the machine into the oncoming mechs to destroy them in the blast.  

There are no plot holes. If you just pay attention you'll see that everything makes sense.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
    @nick_verissimo said:
    "I also would've liked a little more closure with what Monkey and Trip did after they left Pyramid."
    Aside from the "turn it back on" moment (which put goosebumps on my arm, sooooo good), I can agree that some more closure there would've been nice.  I mean, what now?  What are they going to do?  Was it the right thing to do? 

I just finished the story today.  It was good.  Were there plot holes and arbitrary, contrived pieces to serve the plot?  Sure.  Did I care?  No.  The performances were genuinely great and the characters were highly memorable.  Also, Trip was goddamn addictive HOT!!!
    Parabole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Parabole

The story is up for grabs, but

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By bkbroiler
    @jakob187 said:
    " @nick_verissimo said:
    "I also would've liked a little more closure with what Monkey and Trip did after they left Pyramid."
    Aside from the "turn it back on" moment (which put goosebumps on my arm, sooooo good), I can agree that some more closure there would've been nice.  I mean, what now?  What are they going to do?  Was it the right thing to do?  I just finished the story today.  It was good.  Were there plot holes and arbitrary, contrived pieces to serve the plot?  Sure.  Did I care?  No.  The performances were genuinely great and the characters were highly memorable.  Also, Trip was goddamn addictive HOT!!! "
    They left the ending deliberately ambiguous. Do you think it was the right thing to do? You're supposed to think about it and maybe come up with your own conclusion!
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By Catolf

I figure Pigsy will be back.. just as a complete robot, he'd be so pleased.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.