Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Euro Truck Simulator

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Aug 29, 2008

Travel across Europe in a variety of trucks, picking up and delivering cargo in SCS Software's latest game.

On a 56 hour long haul with Large Marge

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

Edited By sopachuco13
    No Caption Provided

I downloaded Euro Truck Simulator a few months ago. It was on sale for $8 and I had just watched a Quick Look about Euro Truck Simulator 2. I thought, "What the hell! I spend more than that on lunch!"

I usually throw on a podcast and plug away for a couple of hours. It is really relaxing to watch the countryside go by listlessly. Especially without the repercussions if I was really driving a truck after working for 8 hours and drinking two glasses of shochu. Sometimes I get a little tired and I smash into another car. Usually because the fucking piece of shit sedans will stop on the middle of the goddamn interstate!

The game has a few easy milestones that act as a career. I am sure if I was being super careful I could have finished them much quicker than I did. But, sometimes it is fun to drive from Lyon to Manchester while drinking some whiskey and listening to The Comedy Button. (It is a little bit like playing the drunk driving part in Grand Theft Auto IV but the game isn't what is simulating the drunken reaction.)

I never quite understood why people would play flight simulation games. I never was a kid who played PC games, so I never got into flight simulators. I have always loved driving cars. Ever since that first time I took the emergency break off my mom's car and rolled it into the street, I have always wanted to do stupid shit on the road.

I love playing Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo, but with those games you really have to pay attention to where your car is going. It can be very relaxing, in the sense that I understand the tracks and know when there are turns and straightaways, but I still need to pay attention to the speed and layout of the track. On the long straightaways of the Autobahn in Euro Truck Simulator, I can loll in and out of concentration. I can more intensely to the discussions on the podcasts. I have even been know to send out a Tweet. I am sure that WoW players do many of the same things when they are idling.

I really have put 56 hours into Euro Truck Simulator. But, my time with the game has been...relaxing.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sopachuco13: driving is fun, just as much in real life as in game.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

I usually throw on a podcast and plug away for a couple of hours. It is really relaxing to watch the countryside go by listlessly.

I have been considering getting the game for the exact same reason

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i thought you were going to do a 56 hour simulation when i read the header ,now i am disappointed. downloaded the demo it is fun just to cruise around in a BMT.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sopachuco13

@sopachuco13 said:

I usually throw on a podcast and plug away for a couple of hours. It is really relaxing to watch the countryside go by listlessly.

I have been considering getting the game for the exact same reason

It is definitely the perfect game for that sort of thing. Each trip can take between 20 ~ 50 minutes based on where you want to go. So, a three or four trips will get you through your next Bombcast (笑)!

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sopachuco13

i thought you were going to do a 56 hour simulation when i read the header ,now i am disappointed. downloaded the demo it is fun just to cruise around in a BMT.

I am not starting my own Desert Bus (Euro Truck) for Charity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.