Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F1 2010

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Developed by Codemasters and using the Ego engine, Formula One 2010 is the first truly next generation F1 game that contains all the cars, drivers and tracks from the 2010 season, putting a heavy emphasis on simulating real life weather effects.

Difficulty

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

OK I started this game on the hardest difficulty and intended to tune it down until it felt good. I am now playing on all the easiest settings and still getting last place everytime! do I have to start a new game or something?

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By Davvyk

Have you changed the AI difficulty? i missed that as an option at first? 

By this i mean the AI difficulty not the driver aids. I was winning by a mile even with aids off and then figured out it was because  i had the AI set to easy

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By ZimboDK
    @Devil240Z: In the beginning races, even on Easy without assists except braking line, I constantly came last or close to it. For me, it was simply a matter of practice. It took me about a day to get used to the driving model. I don't know why really, but suddenly I just got better.
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Devil240Z
    @ZimboDK said:
    " @Devil240Z: In the beginning races, even on Easy without assists except braking line, I constantly came last or close to it. For me, it was simply a matter of practice. It took me about a day to get used to the driving model. I don't know why really, but suddenly I just got better. "
    So did they make it so you suck in the beginning no matter what? So as you level up your "character" gets better.  

I have gotten up in the placings but I ended up crashing near the end of the race.  

One time I was doing really well then I couldn't find the pit and I got disqualified for driving off the track. 
    ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ZimboDK
    @Devil240Z said:
    So did they make it so you suck in the beginning no matter what? So as you level up your "character" gets better.
    No, I simply referred to your own skill level. As far as I can tell, the level is only there because other teams require you to be at a certain level before they will hire you.

By the way, it seems that fuel consumption isn't calculated for AI drivers, so they don't suffer from increased weight in the actual race.. I tried to test it out by turning fuel consumption off on Silverstone, but I suck at that track. However, before I started to mess up, I did notice that I seemed a lot more consistent in my lap times, and had an easier time keeping up with the drivers around me.
    Avatar image for dokidokibawanga
    DokiDokiBawanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DokiDokiBawanga

remember find you own driving stile and practice. and i suggest to train your driving on Monaco it's brutal and have all you need. when i was playing on easy i notice AI seams to like slow speed corners and get all confused with fast corners like in turkey and Montreal. So in monaco easy ai actually little harder to beat (i was using a lotus and i was only able to Q 17 and finished10th) but Montreal i take P1 in Q and finished in P1...in lotus!
    PS oh lol and im in lotus team and leading championship ahh if it's only be true in real life!! go lotus!!!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Devil240Z
    @DokiDokiBawanga: @ZimboDK:  

Ok my team leader guy keeps saying that I might want to copy my team mates setup but How to I do that? I cant find anyway to look at or copy it. 
    downtown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By downtown

Same here problem here - how do I snatch those settings from my teammate?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.