Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallen Earth

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Fallen Earth is an MMORPG set in a post-apocalyptic Earth in the year 2156. The game was recently purchased by F2P Publisher, GamersFirst, and is now free to play.

Has Anyone Tried This Yet?

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

I downloaded this off steam because it looked like a rather cheaply made Fallout MMO and I wanted to know if my assumptions were true. I registered a Gamersfirst profile like it asked me to, and now it's denying me access to Fallen Earth every time I try to log in. I've tried using my steam account to see if it was asking for that information instead, but still nothing. Anyone else having similar issues with getting into the game?

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Fajita_Jim

Well, I'm downloading it now. I'll let you know if I have any issues once I get set up if you haven't got it straightened out already.

It's free so what do we have to lose, right?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By project343

It's among the best of the free-to-play games. It's incredibly non-traditional, and almost feels like a bizarre mix of pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies and Fallout 3. It's a bit of a mostly-sandbox MMO. Tons of skills, crafting, etc. to keep you busy. You can even spec your character for crafting only, and go out scavenging for metals all day, making weapons and whatnot.

Brace for issues that you'd expect to see in a hardcore, low-budget, northern European PC releases (despite being an American production). Silly UI, poor optimization, clunky combat, and a steep-ass learning curve. But I can assure you that this game is a gem (if the sandbox MMO genre is your sort of thing).

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

@Fajita_Jim said:

Well, I'm downloading it now. I'll let you know if I have any issues once I get set up if you haven't got it straightened out already. It's free so what do we have to lose, right?

Absolutely! Thanks for the information if you manage to get it started.

@project343 said:

It's among the best of the free-to-play games. It's incredibly non-traditional, and almost feels like a bizarre mix of pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies and Fallout 3. It's a bit of a mostly-sandbox MMO. Tons of skills, crafting, etc. to keep you busy. You can even spec your character for crafting only, and go out scavenging for metals all day, making weapons and whatnot.

Brace for issues that you'd expect to see in a hardcore, low-budget, northern European PC releases (despite being an American production). Silly UI, poor optimization, clunky combat, and a steep-ass learning curve. But I can assure you that this game is a gem (if the sandbox MMO genre is your sort of thing).

That sounds amazing. I really hope I can get it working.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fajita_Jim
    @A_Cute_Squirtle I managed to log in, it's doing the file check routine now so I haven't actually 'been in the game', but I'm logged in. I did see on the splash page where they said they were doing maintenance yesterday which is when you made the OP, so maybe try now?
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Fajita_Jim said:
    @A_Cute_Squirtle I managed to log in, it's doing the file check routine now so I haven't actually 'been in the game', but I'm logged in. I did see on the splash page where they said they were doing maintenance yesterday which is when you made the OP, so maybe try now?
    Its super sparse. I played back when It was Pay to play. Lots of open areas little in between them 
    Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fajita_Jim

Well hell, at the character creation screen and already problems. Seems to be a Z-buffer issue. I have current AMD/ATI drivers so...

No Caption Provided
    Dammit.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By project343

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Its super sparse. I played back when It was Pay to play. Lots of open areas little in between them

From what I understand, they've changed a fair bit with the game when they made the F2P jump. But sparse is a word that I think a lot of people interested in this game would like. Aimless space filled with randomly generated content is sort of a staple of both Fallout and the sandbox MMO genre.

@Fajita_Jim: To call this game buggy is a bit of an understatement. I think it's sort of charming, to be honest.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @project343 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Its super sparse. I played back when It was Pay to play. Lots of open areas little in between them

From what I understand, they've changed a fair bit with the game when they made the F2P jump. But sparse is a word that I think a lot of people interested in this game would like. Aimless space filled with randomly generated content is sort of a staple of both Fallout and the sandbox MMO genre.

@Fajita_Jim: To call this game buggy is a bit of an understatement. I think it's sort of charming, to be honest.

I have a gun called" Xenofire" Gun. Some per motion. Its supposed to get better as you level...maybe Ill give the game a try...
    vegoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By vegoku

I just downloaded this - seems neat...anyone still playing?

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

@vegoku said:

I just downloaded this - seems neat...anyone still playing?

@A_Cute_Squirtle said:

I downloaded this off steam because it looked like a rather cheaply made Fallout MMO and I wanted to know if my assumptions were true. I registered a Gamersfirst profile like it asked me to, and now it's denying me access to Fallen Earth every time I try to log in. I've tried using my steam account to see if it was asking for that information instead, but still nothing. Anyone else having similar issues with getting into the game?

I'm playing. I'm not having any issues with the game. You have to stick with it for a few hours after you create the PC & run the basic missions as it gets more interesting as you move on. The game has an interesting crafting system & the quests are pretty basic, but some of the creatures that you fight are pretty interesting, stuff you wouldn't see in Fallout. For instance, one quest had me fight a giant 2-headed called Big Bertha. But there was some guy sitting out there killing it constantly, I guess to get something. I assisted on one & that counted for my quest. I figure I can always go back & kill it several times if I need to.

I've been using the game to quest for Steam Achievements & it seems to have plenty of them. Keep in mind that the Steam Achievements won't unlock in Steam until after you exit the game. When it exits, it does a counter of how many creatures you killed for certain achievements & how far you have to go as well & then other explorer achievements unlock as well.

Also, I couldn't get the Xbox 360 controller to work with the game after trying Joystick 2 Mouse and Xpadder. I posted a note over on the FE Forums to see if anybody knows how to make it work. Otherwise you're stuck with mouse & keyboard for the game.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grimhild

I, too, played this when it was Pay2Play. There's definitely a fun game in there underneath the somewhat clunky UI and such, but the main thing that kind of annoyed me about it was how many people there were in the supposed "wasteland." Not sure if that was a consequence of area sizes or player count. Maybe it's different now, but before you couldn't go 20 yards without finding some chump farming nodes or spawns constantly. Felt really crowded for a post-apocalypse setting, which was disappointing.

Interested to know if it's still the same way or if it feels little more spacious now.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By BaneFireLord

I tried to play it but it consistently crashed every time I tried to exit the starting room.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.