Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

PSA: Water purifiers don't work right if you have water in the workshop

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By BBAlpert

I'm assuming this is a bug, but water purifiers in your settlement will not generate and store excess purified water in your workshop if you have any stored there already.

I wanted to mention it because I've seen a TON of guides recommending that people build water purifiers to sell off excess water and even MORE forum topics/Reddit posts asking "why do I still have only 5 purified water in my workshop storage?", but maybe only 2 cases where someone brought this bug up.

I had 9 water purifiers running (with maybe 13 settlers) and the stock of 12 purified waters in my workshop's storage didn't change in about 7 hours of playing. I took those 12 waters out of storage, and maybe 20 minutes later I found 40+ units of purified water in my workshop.

I built a little trunk/chest (in the furniture section of the build menu) to keep my water from now on, to get around this. Hopefully stuff stored in player built storage is safe from raiders/settlers/game engine cleanup processes. I don't know for sure, though.

*edit: This MIGHT not be the case if you have supply lines running between settlements. The fact that I have seen so few mentions of this weird workshop caveat leads me to suspect that there might be some other factor (such as supply lines) that also deals with this bug*

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good to know, thanks.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just started up like 6 big water purifiers in my main town and I didn't experience this bug. I do have a supply line set up and I had some water in my workshop. I played for most of the evening and before I logged off I have over 50 in my workshop and only had around 5 when I started that I had placed in there.

I'm going to keep an eye on this now though.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is happening with the food for me. I should be having 30 units of food placed in the bench, but instead it just vanishes.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would hesitate to call it a bug. It makes sense that they'd only want you to store one "batch" at a time, rather than having it pile up endlessly.

MrSensible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrSensible

@moonshadow101: Good point. Player-created homesteads in Skyrim's Hearthfire expansion would spawn milk jugs inside the kitchen cupboard if you had a cow on the property, but only up to a maximum of seven. This sounds like a similar situation.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@moonshadow101: If that's the case, that's a shitty design. It's meant to be stored inside the workshop, you should be able to have it stack up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.