Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

10 hours in an the worst bug is...

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jost1

Some minor clipping errors and one person running against a wall, and that's IT.

Maybe the patch fixed a whole shitload of stuff?

Either way I'm having the time of my damn life with this game. Fantastic stuff, brings back all the warm Fallout 3 feelings.

andrela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By andrela

Question; what version are you playing?

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MistaSparkle
    @josty81: Dude same here. Nothing game-breaking at all. And also this game is 100x as good as I even thought it would be and I thought it was gonna be amazing. Damn I LOVE this game!
    leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By leebmx
    @josty81 said:
    " Some minor clipping errors and one person running against a wall, and that's IT.  Maybe the patch fixed a whole shitload of stuff?  Either way I'm having the time of my damn life with this game. Fantastic stuff, brings back all the warm Fallout 3 feelings. "
    Same for me and i'm on 360. I'm 20 odd hours in and no problems - I can't help feeling that there might be a lot of people like myself and the OP -  but no-one bothers posting that they are having no problems with a game. Still I could be wrong and i'm just v lucky.
    KyleDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By KyleDaniels

Yeah I'm like 35 hours in and I haven't experienced any real issues with it. The game is phenomenal, one of the best I've played in a while.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nick_verissimo

I've played 4 and a half hours and the game has locked up on me twice...sort of annoying, but the game has been worth those annoyances.  My biggest problem with the game has honestly just been some of the quests stuff.  Even when I mark something as an active quest, two or three other markers show up on the screen and really feels cluttered.  Sort of, really annoying.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FritzDude

I said it before and i say it again: The majority of the bugs are technical and random. And the patch for all platforms fixed about 200 script holes and quests, and none in the performance department. It also seems that the bugs will occur more frequantly when you hit New Vegas, but i'm not sure.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Jost1

I just hit New Vegas so we'll see if it gets worse but so far, clear sailing!

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bwmcmaste

I played all the way through on my PS3 (hardcore) and it only crashed on me once. Incidentally, I would say that New Vegas is more stable than most games I've played on my PS3; Bad Company 2 for instance, has -and continues to- locked up on me many times in multiplayer.

Vital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vital

About 14 hours in now and I haven't seen any obvious bugs.

Avatar image for deactivated-629e649f0699a
    deactivated-629e649f0699a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind the visual quirks as much as those that actually affect your progress. I levelled up whilst travelling through a door, got killed on the other side and when I loaded up again it raised my level but didn't give me my attribute points meaning I essentially lost a level's worth of skill upgrades. Also a couple of times I've picked up some cool armour/ weapons and had them never appear in my inventory. Very frustrating.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Cincaid

13 hours in, and the only thing that happened to me was one lockup when entering a building. But since the game autosave so much it really wasn't that big of a hassle.

So yeah, either I'm very lucky, or people just love to complain I guess.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dany

What the hell happened in the dev cycle in this game? All I see is people rightfully complaining about issues the game has, massive issues that are so god damn glaring it is simply idiotic that the game came out in this state.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Brians

for people playing on steam turn off cloud support its easy to lose saved game data in it.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By grilledcheez

The worst glitch I had (at the same point as you right now) is I walked out of the power plant back door and was met with a lot of (falling metal noise), then the junk yard lady's dogs (and two mole rats) spawned and attacked me.  Kinda weird but awesome at the same time.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gike987

Same here I've played 30 hours now and haven't found anything worse than some clipping issues. 

The game is probably my GotY so far. The best thing about the game is how much more varied than Fallout 3 it feels, both quests and locations.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yinstarrunner

The worst I've experienced so far is the pc slowdown around npcs bug. After getting that fixed up, I've had a couple of CTDs, but that's as bad as its gotten sucks for those that lost saves.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ThePickle
    @josty81 said:
    " I just hit New Vegas so we'll see if it gets worse but so far, clear sailing! "
    Don't jinx it!
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero

The only glitch I had was a guy wasn't in a room where he was supposed to be. I exited the room and went back in, and he was there. I'm also absolutely loving this game, just like Fallout 3.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#20  Edited By wwfundertaker

Ive finished the game in 10 hours. Some bad frame rate issues but no serious bugs to report.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21  Edited By me3639

see post on Vault 34.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.