best weapon found so far???

#1 Posted by BoFooQ (659 posts) -

Just wondering what the best weapon you have found so far.  personally I've like the revar club for melee, but have been less than impressed with different weapons granted I'm not that far yet..    got that gun,  it's ok 

anyone find or using great mods also?
#2 Posted by eezo (284 posts) -

gaussrifle... does insane ammounts of damage.. (i also had shitloads of repair kits so i "restored" it to max quality)

#3 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Not me personally, but I really want to find the gun from Blade Runner.

#4 Edited by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Boone.

Been using these mods: UNO(must have) DOS.

#5 Posted by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

Anti-Materiel Rifle. I'm yet to find something capable of surviving a round. Just wish it wasn't so damn expensive to use.

#6 Posted by INV2 (256 posts) -

The hunting shotgun, but 12ga shells are difficult to find....BUT I'm not that far into the game....HOPEFULLY there will be more???

#7 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -
@Vorbis said:
" Anti-Materiel Rifle. I'm yet to find something capable of surviving a round. Just wish it wasn't so damn expensive to use. "
yeah this is great, but I had plenty of caps from snowglobe collection, so I have like 400 rounds for it.
#8 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Jeff Uno's fists. I ripped them from his cold dead corpse and applied them to my own fists.

#9 Posted by TotalEklypse (1000 posts) -

i like my ratslayer silenced sniper rifle and the maria colt i jacked from punk ass benny.

#10 Posted by INV2 (256 posts) -

I'm also a fan of the Chopper with Bloody Mess perk, yikes...it's so damn savage.

#11 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

The unique Pew Pew laser pistol is so fucking pimp. 

I fucking love that pistol.

#12 Posted by FritzDude (2253 posts) -

The timebomb.

#13 Posted by Finstern (639 posts) -

Silenced Sniper has had me go undetected for ages, its especially amazing with a couple of perks that increase my crit damage. I use the Anti-Material Rifle for anything bigger.

#14 Posted by D0tti (786 posts) -

Anyone one here gotten the "This Machine" rifle? I freakin love that weapon, it does 50 or so dmg per hit(i have 55 or 60 on Guns skills) and its pretty nice looking WW2 rifle.

BTW. For those looking for the Blade Runner gun, "That Gun" I guess it's called. I think you can get that gun from Gun Runner's, I think, at least I remember seeing it while trading with a weapon merchant.

#15 Posted by SouthernSlummin (18 posts) -

I keep seeing "that gun" at the dino place in Novac. LOL! I was wondering if anyone knew what it was before I spent 1000 caps on it cools.

#16 Posted by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

The LMG from Black Mountain. It rips through everything in a matter of seconds. It's highly effective on short-medium range, and can mow down a couple of Deathclaws fast. Also, Gauss Rifle. I've had enemies explode from a single shot.

#17 Posted by INV2 (256 posts) -
@Finstern: where did you find the silenced sniper rifle..? That is definitely my style.
#18 Posted by Finstern (639 posts) -
@INV2: bought the sniper from gun runners and got the mod from the old lady who runs the scrap yard north of novac
#19 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -
@INV2:  You can find a silenced sniper rifle with night vision scope called Ratslayer in a cave called Broc Flower Cave which is north of Camp Searchlight
#20 Edited by Venatio (4482 posts) -

My favorite weapon is the Blue Matter Rapid Discharger, it's fucking awesome, the M16A1 is pretty cool too

#21 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -

Deckard's gun, Marksman Carbine or the old Hunting Rifle. The assault carbine has just appeared at Gun Runners so I'm looking to get that next. Also I found a laser weapon that looks like a Tommy gun, but my energy weapon skills are low so I haven't tried it out yet.

#22 Posted by bwmcmaste (837 posts) -
@SouthernSlummin said:
" I keep seeing "that gun" at the dino place in Novac. LOL! I was wondering if anyone knew what it was before I spent 1000 caps on it cools. "
I stole it (and all the rocket ships), I believe that it was 17/48. I found it indispensable until I managed to get my hands on the 12.7mm. I found the rifles (excluding the hunting rifle) to be fairly lacking in this iteration when compared to FO3. 
#23 Posted by tskunk (153 posts) -

The unique Super Sledge named "Oh, Baby!" is my favorite, and probably packs the most damage per hit (I focused on melee combat) of all my weapons.

#24 Posted by hybRidhAWk52 (10 posts) -

i have two the anti-material rifle and the alian blaster u have to have the wild wastelan trait to get the alian blaster its at a farm above new vegas on the map it looks lke the typeical alian movie farm scene walk around untill u see a crashed ship and 3 live alians kill them take it off the captin

#25 Edited by me3639 (1725 posts) -

I like the power fist and gauntlet with the blades. 2 Punches, or a couple slices and everything goes down.

#26 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

That gun is my best weapon so far. 
#27 Posted by adoggz (2037 posts) -

the single shotgun so far, love exploding peoples heads in 1 shot with that.

#28 Posted by JamesBoyce (295 posts) -

Power Fist, maaaaaaaaate!

#29 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -

The Lucky revolver is absolutely amazing. It has increased rate of fire, increased reload speed, and an absolutely insane critical rate. It uses .357 ammunition, so you're never really low on ammo, and it can be repaired with .357 revolvers, which are probably the most common of the handguns, possibly barring the 9mm.

On top of that, it's super ordained and prettyfied. When I am wander about, listening to the Ranger with the Big Iron on his hip, that's basically me with that gun.

#30 Posted by Finstern (639 posts) -
@Buck_Sexington: checked that gun out, its decent but definitely a modfied varmint rifle, proper sniper packs more of a punch :P thanks for the tip!
#31 Posted by Redbullet685 (6024 posts) -

If anyone has found the weapon "pushy", they would know the best weapon. Its a power fist type weapon and does 65 damage and kills most enemies in a hit or two.

#32 Posted by guiseppe (2837 posts) -

Pushy. Found that and the Multiplas Rifle in full condition while exploring a cave on my way to Jacobstown. I'm not a melee weapon kind of guy, but it (Pushy) does wreak some havoc when used. I believe it's the weapon Caesar uses.

#33 Posted by mattyb1688 (12 posts) -

The gun " that gun" is in the dinosaur shop, just go in their at night and go in the door behind the counter, its on one of the shelves

#34 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

a 9mm sub-machine gun.

#35 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -
@hybRidhAWk52 said:
" i have two the anti-material rifle and the alian blaster u have to have the wild wastelan trait to get the alian blaster its at a farm above new vegas on the map it looks lke the typeical alian movie farm scene walk around untill u see a crashed ship and 3 live alians kill them take it off the captin "
and if you don't have wild wasteland, you get a unique Gauss rifle; YCS/186, and that's pretty good too.
#36 Posted by solidwolf52 (300 posts) -

The unique plasma rifle is probably my best so far.

#37 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

Having a blast with the This Machine. As you would think about a WWII -era gun, its a freaking beast condition wise. Seems to have a low vats percentage though, but is great in non-vats combat. 

#38 Posted by Graveftw (1 posts) -

my best weapons i have found are the All American Rifle (single shot rifle with scope looks like marksmans rifle with green camo paint)only half repaired and its at 20/165 ,cant find any more repair kits, and the aer14 prototype lazer rifle with green beam 16/65 and i just found the gun Lucky basass its located in the bison steve hotel Northeast room (Gift Shop), inside a Hard (75)locked floor safe behind the cash registers.    26/106 dam/dps it looks fuckin sweet black with engravings of spades and it says lucky on the barrel of the gun cant upgrade it tho since it has all the upgrades on it already    
#39 Posted by Tennmuerti (7996 posts) -

There are really good weapons for every category and play style you want pretty much.
My favorite so far however is the chainsaw, I gave that baby to Veronica in power armor and it's pretty entertaining just standing back and watching her massacre dudes with a chainsaw (even tho I found more powerful ones now)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.