Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Fallout New Vegas and glitch with Vats

mrnivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

Edited By mrnivek

I'm just about ready to take this game back, I think I saw that this game had a update and since then when I try to use Vats the game freezes and I have to restart the Xbox. Anyone else experiencing this? The game was freezing on me before but this seems new.

mrnivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mrnivek

I'm just about ready to take this game back, I think I saw that this game had a update and since then when I try to use Vats the game freezes and I have to restart the Xbox. Anyone else experiencing this? The game was freezing on me before but this seems new.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FritzDude

Solution: Enter a non-V.A.T.S-zone (Without any people you can target) and save the game. Restart the game and load it. Hope this helps for you.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By killer_meatballs

I'm having a Vats problem too, but not a freezing problem.  I have 83/83 AP, I can enter Vats,  but I can't select a body part.  It is not highlighted.  Am I doing something wrong (not enough AP points, but to me it looks like I have enough) or is this a glitch?

KJiizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By KJiizzle

I've come across 2 glitches in my time playing this game, onetime i got stuck inside a rock on a mountain side.   The other was the game decided that everythign I did was evil so if I stole from the Powder Gangers it would give me negative karma

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Wow, these glitches sound like serious game-breaking stuff.

FongGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FongGhoul

I have weird issues with VATS sometimes. Sometimes it just hangs after the VATS sequence is over, and other times it freezes completely. The exact same stuff happened with about the same frequency in Fallout 3 though (for me at least). It doesn't happen enough to really eff up my game though, kind of like all the other bugs in Gamebryo-powered games. Like Jeff mentioned in the Quicklook, I'm now just so accustomed to that stuff I hardly notice it.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By keyhunter

It's happened to me like 6 times now. It happened to me just a minute ago actually. My game is frozen as I type this. I saved 45 seconds game time ago though.

mrnivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrnivek

Never did fix the  VATS problem, had to go back a couple saves before I got one without  a vats problem. I took the game back, maybe I will pick it back up after the patch the broken stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.