Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

isolating the virus *Possible Spoilers!!*

Killboyy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Killboyy777

How the hell do you beat this quest? I found the virus on one terminal, but couldnt find the remaining 2. 

And now it seems as though the quest is broken and now i cant find the virus on any computer.

TheRemedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheRemedy

The virus placement is random so it's not the same every time. Having a high science skill helps with this quest.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Mrnitropb

It was a pain in the butt. I took me maybe a dozen tries.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By solidwolf52

It got bugged for me, i isolated all 3 and nothing happened, had to reload.
    It is easier if you can pass the science check.  But if that's far off for you i suggest using the strategy of starting with the middle terminals (remember the one the scribe stands at could contain the virus too.) then spread out around the room.

gettodachoppa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By gettodachoppa

I spent forever on this one only to have the quest line bug out on me later on.  So frustrating.

Killboyy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Killboyy777

To confirm whether or not the quest was broken for me, was. I saved my game just after the virus made it's first jump. I checked all the terminals i could to find the virsus, and reloaded my save to check the remaining terminals. none have the virus anymore. 

Quest Broken 0_o

but that sucks because my science is wayyyyy to low to complete the quest, so i cannot continue the quest line any further..
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By infininja
    @gettodachoppa said:
    " I spent forever on this one only to have the quest line bug out on me later on.  So frustrating. "
    This this this this this. 

@Killboyy777
    said:
    " To confirm whether or not the quest was broken for me, was. I saved my game just after the virus made it's first jump. I checked all the terminals i could to find the virsus, and reloaded my save to check the remaining terminals. none have the virus anymore. 

Quest Broken 0_o

but that sucks because my science is wayyyyy to low to complete the quest, so i cannot continue the quest line any further.. "
    Load an earlier save.
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By yinstarrunner

Lots of quicksaving got me through this on about my 3rd try.  It's a really annoying one, that's for sure.

@Killboyy777 said:

" To confirm whether or not the quest was broken for me, was. I saved my game just after the virus made it's first jump. I checked all the terminals i could to find the virsus, and reloaded my save to check the remaining terminals. none have the virus anymore. 

Quest Broken 0_o

but that sucks because my science is wayyyyy to low to complete the quest, so i cannot continue the quest line any further.. "

IIRC, the correct terminals change every time you load a save, so it's not as simple as saving and then finding the right one and loading it back up again.  Instead, save after you find each terminal, and hope the dice rolls go in your favor so that you can find the others in time.
    Killboyy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Killboyy777

@yinstarrunner said: 

IIRC, the correct terminals change every time you load a save, so it's not as simple as saving and then finding the right one and loading it back up again.  Instead, save after you find each terminal, and hope the dice rolls go in your favor so that you can find the others in time. "

right, but im saving after a terminal is infected so it shouldn't change when i load that save game. right? 

@Infininja said:  "
    Load an earlier save. "  

nah to far into it now. i'll do it again on my second play thru
    foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By foggel
    @solidwolf52 said:
    " It got bugged for me, i isolated all 3 and nothing happened, "
    It got bugged for me too. I isolated ONE and I got quest completed.

Ah, bugs can sometimes be a miracle too. I hated this quest.
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yinstarrunner
    @Killboyy777:   Any terminals you haven't isolated will still change if you load your save, even if you've already got one or two down already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.