Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

List of bugged quests to avoid (no spoilers please!)

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bhhawks78

Getting this from gamefly tomorrow.  Does anyone have/know a list of bugged quests to avoid or certain things not to do without 100% spoiling them?  Would be very much appreciated. 

Also I heard the ending was like the original F3 ending (aka you are done done), is there an obvious place to save to explore/do side quests?  If not when should I make an extra save? 

Thanks y'all

Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lev

Personally, I make TONS of extra saves. Basically, at the end of everyone of my play-sessions I create a new save. Knowing that the game is as buggy and unreliable as it often is, I would never risk only having one non-autosave, but that might just be me.

I can't give you much info on the list of bugged quests because I really don't know. One thing I do know is that I read on a Fallout wiki that for the "one for my baby" quest it says that Boone should get upgraded armor when you finish the quest and that there is a known bug that he sometimes won't get it. Well, I don't know that he really even is supposed to get this armor considering I only even heard he was from this wiki (and it never says anything like that in the game), but he never got it for me. I loaded a save several times and re-completed it and no matter how many times I tried he never got it, so I don't know.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Hey bro. I haven't played this game yet but I do no a couple of things that you want to know: 

1. The game creates a backup save for you right before the end that you can go back to when you beat the game. 
    2. The game makes it quite clear that you are about to enter the ending, and lets you make your own backup saves etc. 
    3. Yes, it is just like F3 where you can't continue from the end (and they claim there will be no DLC that will change that). That's why they did points 1 & 2. 

Good-luck with the glitches. I pre-ordered my copy online and still have yet to receive it. Hopefully the patch will come out when my copy arrives.

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By zegolf
    @bhhawks78: One bug that you may or may not want to go near (depending on your ethics) is "That Lucky Old Sun."

More information can be found Here as to how it may, or may not, break your game.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NinjaHunter

Debt Collector is a big one you should avoid. It's a side quest you get from the Atomic Wrangler. I am no longer able to get into the strip because of it. Every time I try all I get is a black screen. I've decided to stop playing until they patch the game. Apparently there is a slight fix for this by wearing an old cowboy hat but fuck that they need to patch it as there are some other quests that are bugged but not nearly as bad as this one.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online
    @NinjaHunter said:
    " Debt Collector is a big one you should avoid. It's a side quest you get from the Atomic Wrangler. I am no longer able to get into the strip because of it. Every time I try all I get is a black screen. I've decided to stop playing until they patch the game. Apparently there is a slight fix for this by wearing an old cowboy hat but fuck that they need to patch it as there are some other quests that are bugged but not nearly as bad as this one. "
    This is the big one that I've heard about. 

I would also recommend that you clear your system cache every few hours. This can help alleviate the issue of growing load times and decreasing frame rates.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.