Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Unanswered Questions, The Big Empty, & LOOT! (DLC Spoilers)

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By INV2

So I finished Dead Money a couple of nights ago. And there is very clearly going to be another DLC on the horizon...anyone have any thoughts on exactly what, or where, "The Big Empty" is?  And who is the "other Courier?" And apparently there will be a "dividing line" battle there...lots of questions!

Also, when you leave Sierra Madre, you can find Father Elijah's holodisc and apparently only Veronica can access it. However, if you go to Veronica, there are no new speech options or anything...sorta curious what that's about. I was able to get out with a mere 4 gold bars, not that it really matters, I already have more money than I could ever actually use. I did keep all the unique suits, including the Assassin's Suit which is baddass. I found 3 additional skill books, 1 SP (Tampico Theater), 1 MD (Medical District), and 1 EW (at the Vault)...did anyone find any more skill books? The whole Sierra Madre environment is so damn dark you could easily miss stuff? Also any other notabe loot you found?

Overall great DLC with interesting quests and more great writing! And challenge, definitely some rough moments.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I really want to play this, but unfortunately I let a friend borrow it and he's being slow on returning it to me.
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bennyishere

I thought the DLC was pretty horrendous. Definitely don't want to play it again. But the Divide certainly seems interesting. Have you heard about Ulysseus? It was a cut companion from New Vegas that is pictured on one of the collector trading cards. It seems he may be the second courier. Other couriers are mentioned in the main game as well, and not just the ones that worked for Benny. Grand Canyon has been mentioned in New Vegas and been referred to as the Divide. Either way I am looking forward to seeing what else they can come up with for DLC, but hopefully nothing as ugly and boring as Dead Money. I'm all for you liking the DLC, it is all subjective after all, but the feedback I have gotten on my YouTube video of the ending makes it seem like the majority disliked it.
    As for the loot, I kept the Automatic Rifle (Because I like the BAR, which it seems to have been based on), the gun you start with and the reinforced Sierra Madre armor. The rest of the available space was reserved for Gold Bars, baby! I also noticed there was Metal Armor in a closet somewhere, and did anyone else equip Vera's dress as a male character? It turns into a nice Gentleman's attire or something. I found that amusing.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By stinky

off topic a bit, but was the Burning Man or Brunt Man in the game? 

the legion mentioned him a few times as an ex member punished by Caesar, but i was never able to find the guy. 

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By INV2
    @stinky said:

" off topic a bit, but was the Burning Man or Brunt Man in the game?  the legion mentioned him a few times as an ex member punished by Caesar, but i was never able to find the guy.  "

Joshua Graham is the Burned Man, maybe he still lives!

@Bennyishere: no love for the Assassin's Suit eh? Did you find any other skill books other than the 3 I mentioned??? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it...but the speakers, they were really, really annoying...the art design, voice acting and writing is what made me enjoy it.
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By metalsnakezero
    @INV2 said:

" Also, when you leave Sierra Madre, you can find Father Elijah's holodisc and apparently only Veronica can access it. However, if you go to Veronica, there are no new speech options or anything...sorta curious what that's about. "

You'll need to talk to her about Father Elijah again inorder to activate a option to give her the holotype and news about him. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.