Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Home Video: Far Cry 2 Compilation

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

Edited By Bennyishere

Far Cry 2 is fun online. Sure, it can be laggy as hell, but god damn. I love that 50 caliber sniper. I made a compilation of kills over the course of four matches. It took me a while to make, but took even longer to upload since I wanted to use YouTube's new HD feature. This is why I urge you to click on the video and click "watch in HD". There's a double-kill, some sweet healing animations (the last one makes me sick to my stomach every time) and I shoot a guy in a hang-glider!

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bennyishere

Far Cry 2 is fun online. Sure, it can be laggy as hell, but god damn. I love that 50 caliber sniper. I made a compilation of kills over the course of four matches. It took me a while to make, but took even longer to upload since I wanted to use YouTube's new HD feature. This is why I urge you to click on the video and click "watch in HD". There's a double-kill, some sweet healing animations (the last one makes me sick to my stomach every time) and I shoot a guy in a hang-glider!

Mistyshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mistyshadow

Nice video... the hang-glider part was pretty cool. Funny thing is, I have this game, but have to yet to try multiplayer.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By xruntime

Is there a Far Cry 2 multiplayer community on the PC?

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Lunarbunny
    xruntime said:
    "Is there a Far Cry 2 multiplayer community on the PC?"
    Not really, they ported the console matchmaking paradigm to it, lock, stock, and barrel. The game kicks you out of ranked lobbies every time a game ends. Join in progress for ranked games is disabled, so when somebody quits from a team nobody can come and replace them, and most of the games shown on the list cannot be joined because they've already started. Ubi's online service is somewhat unreliable. Custom maps cannot be played in ranked games, and ranked unlocks are not accessible in unranked games.

TL;DR: Basically it's a major clusterfuck on PC.
    Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Scieran
    Bennyishere said:
    "Far Cry 2 is fun online. Sure, it can be laggy as hell, but god damn. I love that 50 caliber sniper. I made a compilation of kills over the course of four matches. It took me a while to make, but took even longer to upload since I wanted to use YouTube's new HD feature. This is why I urge you to click on the video and click "watch in HD". There's a double-kill, some sweet healing animations (the last one makes me sick to my stomach every time) and I shoot a guy in a hang-glider!

"
    Very nice. Although I believe this youtube HD feature you mentioned isn't much of a difference than the standard, this one's only wider. For the quality, either the filmer had a shit camera or it's just youtube.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Scieran dont bump every damn farcry 2 thread you find THEY ARE ALL REALLY OLD! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.