Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

The ultimate FAQ

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shawn

I don't know if there's any regular Gamespot forum goers here but there's this guy on the Farcry 2 forums who got the game early and answers literally hundreds of questions in-depth. If you have a question I bet somebody asked him.

Thread

Some interesting points that OP brings up is you can assign your own controls. Which I'd imagine gets rid of the controls complaints. You can, infact kill animals. The only glitch he pointed out was that he wasn't able to acess his local gun supplier, making him unable to upgrade or buy weapons. As for multiplayer he obviously didn't get to have a dedicated time on it as there's only a handful of people with this game. Map editor has lived up to all of its glorious hype as far as I've read (page 7)

The only weird part is that OP stated that although healing yourself in gruesome ways was necessary, you don't see any bullet wounds or anything on the AI, just a nice looking splatter of blood. Not really a complaint just a little weird.

This game seems really promising and I'm going to keep reading it! Post some interesting questions or comments you find on it.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MisterSpiffy

Yeah, it seems like it should be pretty deep.  Definitely considering picking this one up.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shawn

Being a fan of both Farcry and Oblivion (Bethesda) games. I was torn in half because I could only buy either Facry 2 or Fallout 3, but that guy just sold me over to Farcry, I was leaning, but he shoved me over to the Farcry side. I'm pretty excited now!

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By RobDaFunk
    Shawn said:
    The only glitch he pointed out was that he wasn't able to acess his local gun supplier, making him unable to upgrade or buy weapons.

***************************SPOILERISH*********************************

I think that turned out to be false and it just turned out the guy stopped selling guns due to something going down in the story.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shawn

Yeah that's not a spoiler, I read in a couple posts down he had to unlock some other parts to keep contacts with the guns dealer.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By daniel_beck_90

the game looks pretty cool , and that Guy who answered all those questions definitely played the leaked version  since the leaked version of this game was on the net 4 days ago .

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shawn

I underestimated the real size of the map until now, the OP stated that going from one side to the other is a straight 40 minutes of continuous driving, anything other obstacles that come in your way (mountains, hills, trees) are not included.

Wow.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By OneEyedNinja7
    Shawn said:
    "I underestimated the real size of the map until now, the OP stated that going from one side to the other is a straight 40 minutes of continuous driving, anything other obstacles that come in your way (mountains, hills, trees) are not included.

Wow."
    Well Oblivion was like that too. But in Oblivion, you always had the urge to fast travel. Hopefully the environment in Far Cry 2 has enough variety so you'd actually WANT to drive across the whole map.
    Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shawn
    OneEyedNinja7 said:
    "Shawn said:
    "I underestimated the real size of the map until now, the OP stated that going from one side to the other is a straight 40 minutes of continuous driving, anything other obstacles that come in your way (mountains, hills, trees) are not included.

Wow."
    Well Oblivion was like that too. But in Oblivion, you always had the urge to fast travel. Hopefully the environment in Far Cry 2 has enough variety so you'd actually WANT to drive across the whole map."
    well oblivion isn't nearly as big, not to mention you're walking pretty slow.

But yes, from what I've heard it is pretty darn fun to just drive to your objective, and it's not just driving to your object then to the next, once you're driving you'll run into some village, find some diamonds, side quests etc.

But if that isn't your thing theres a bus route that takes you wherever you want to go.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.