How is the PC version?

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShapeOfDespair

So to preface this let me say that I'm not a big soccer/football fan, but I like playing the games on occasion. That means any nuances that they may have gotten wrong I'd probably not care about. I will probably not ever play online unless somebody else I know gets it (highly unlikely). I will play local MP with my brother when he comes over sometimes, though. I haven't played a FIFA game since maybe 2010 or 2011.

I've seen a lot of negativity around the PC version but they seem to be complaints around detailsI don't care about (online play and such). I have seen some complaints about "micro studders" but haven't seen anybody say how frequent they happen or post their specs. I have a decent PC (phenom ii x6 1090t OC'd to 4.0gHz, 32gb RAM, GTX 780ti) so I don't know if it'd be a problem for me or not.

That being said, how is the core game itself? Is it fun? Does it run okay for you?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a demo. Try that.

ShapeOfDespair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh, i didn't realize there was a demo out. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By theodacourt

I've been playing it for a while and I've really enjoyed it. Never had a pc version before and I skipped last year, but it seems really cool. It loads much faster than the old 360 ones ever did which is really nice. It's cool that it matches the PS4/Xbone versions now too.

It did make my computer go to a BSOD once, but only once in around 12 hours I've played it.

EDIT: oh and I would say that it matches the demo I had on PS4 pretty closely too so the demo is representative.

Avatar image for estellegaillard3
    estellegaillard3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By estellegaillard3

Instead of me writing a long review I suggest you to try it out the demo yourself.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good, i haven't had any problems so far, i haven't played anyone online yet so i don't know how good the connections are, but the base game seems fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.