Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 20

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 27, 2019

EA Sports' storied soccer/football franchise arrives for the 2019-2020 seasons.

Juventus exclusive to PES 20, won't be in Fifa 20

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TopCat88

The BBC are reporting that Italian champions Juventus have signed an exclusive deal with Konami to appear in Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning 11) 2020. This means that the club will not appear in EA's Fifa 20.

Juve will be known as Piemonte Calcio in Fifa 20.

Players such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Matthijs de Ligt play for the old lady of Serie A.

LINK: BBC Article

As a Fifa player this is a great shame for me. Having one club not be in the game is going to be really weird. Does anybody thing this might become more commonplace in the future if more teams choose to cash in on exclusive deals with certain publishers. In the past, Konami have held certain team licenses (such as Liverpool), but not exclusively, so they appeared in both games.

Also, I don't know how this will affect competition licenses such as the Champions League or Serie A.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Pro Evolution Soccer? Winning 11? I believe you mean the exciting upcoming release eFootball PES 2020.

It's a lousy situation, especially since the quality of each series waxes and wanes in cycles, but don't know that there's much more to be said since it's ultimately the team's decision.

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@imhungry: I just assumed the name without checking. eFootball is a bloody ridiculous title.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@imhungry said:

Pro Evolution Soccer? Winning 11? I believe you mean the exciting upcoming release eFootball PES 2020.

It's a lousy situation, especially since the quality of each series waxes and wanes in cycles, but don't know that there's much more to be said since it's ultimately the team's decision.

Why are they calling it efootball now?

Symbyosys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This strange news comes just at the right time in my life where I'm not excited about iterative sports titles anymore. I like FIFA a lot but have just played single-player Career mode for the past few years. I haven't tried PES in a long time though.

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As big of an absence as this is, I'm willing to bet that this is Konami chasing bad money with worse, and outside of perhaps a stronger presence in the club's merch stores, this won't move the needle at all in terms of PES trying to increase their market share in football games.

Is it going to be weird to see? Sure. But it's not gonna make people suddenly not want FIFA any more.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bradbrains:

The press release says PES 2020 will "revolutionise eFootball and introduce the sport to a global audience" -- although interestingly none of the new modes and features mentioned appear to be specific to esports or multiplayer.

Nevertheless, Konami's senior director brand and business development attributed the rebrand to the publisher's increased investment into esports.

"Today's announcement of eFootball PES 2020 and our new positioning recognises this company's commitment to the emerging sport of eFootball and progress we've made in that direction with previous PES titles," he said.

"With Konami's continued investment in the PES League and eFootball.Pro tournaments, plus our dedication to continually raising the bar for football simulation games, we've never been more excited for the future of the eFootball PES series."

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was the other way round for the last few years. The main difference being you could just edit them back in on PES.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.