Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light is a Final Fantasy title for the DS aimed to return to the roots of RPG gaming.

Final Fantasy Gaiden: The 4 Heroes Of Light - US Bound

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Final Fantasy Gaiden: The 4 Heroes of Light 

No Caption Provided

I'm so stoked about this, I've been waiting for this announcement for a good while now.

• Producer: Tomoya Asano (FF3 DS, FF4 DS, Fullmetal Alchemist series)
    • Character Design and Art Director: Akihiko Yoshida (Ogre Battle saga, FFT, FF12, FF3 DS)
    • Sound Director: Tomohiro Kamiya (FF3 DS, FF4 DS)
    • Developer: Matrix (DQ5 PS2, FF3 DS, FF4 DS, FF4 The After Years)
    • Director: Takashi Tokita (FF4, Chrono Trigger, Live-a-Live, Parasite Eve, FF4 The After Years, Half-boiled Hero series)    

The 1up translation of Famitsu Magazine's review:  http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176578       [ 9 / 9 / 9 / 9  ]  

"The story, music, and so on evokes memories of an older age," said one writer, "and it mixes well with the modern gameplay to make things seem pretty fresh." It's a very traditional RPG story wise, in other words -- "it's trite, yes, but there are some cute touches to it," as another put it. Praise also went out to the soundtrack, although some of "the more unique aspects of the gameplay" apparently take getting used to.

Japanese Trailer

A young boy is due to be recognised as an adult by visiting the kingdom's castle. When he arrives, he notices that the King is distraught - the princess has been snatched by the "Witch of the North", and now as a young adult he sets off to save the princess and meet new friends along the way...sounds familiar.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    The Japanese website for the games soundtrack has opened, it showcases some awesome retro style tracks.

OST Samples:  http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/hikarino4sensi/     

I fucking love this music...

FFG: 4WL HQ Wallpaper:  http://mognetcentral.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/final-fantasy-gaiden.png 

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/08/the-4-heroes-of-light-or-final-fantasy-gaiden-going-international/

No release window has been given.
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ZeroCast

Having thoroughly enjoyed Avalon Code (a game which was made by the same Devs as this), I think I am going to keep this under my radar for quite some time.

nyuckelhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By nyuckelhead

Looks interesting

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BrickRoad

I kinda like the Animal Crossing esque 3D going on. The game sure does look good. I think it's a bit of a shame they went with the ultra deformed character models, but it might pay off.

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BrickRoad
    @Linkyshinks:  I'll be honest, this wasn't even showing up as the tiniest of dots on my gaming radar. It is now though. I'm still waiting for information on The Last Story though.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " I'm glad this has been announced as currently there's an increasing list of great Square Enix DS games that are still stuck in Japan,:  
    This one I have.  It is an excellent looking game and plays wonderfully.  Unfortunately, I hit a brick wall as there are puzzles that eventually showed up that required Japanese reading skills I don't have.  I would love to take a crack at in English. 

The actual game of this thread is extremely high on my "must have" list based on what I see here.
    Hiroshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hiroshi
    @ZeroCast said:
    " Having thoroughly enjoyed Avalon Code (a game which was made by the same Devs as this), I think I am going to keep this under my radar for quite some time. "

Yea, I thought Avalon Code was cool also.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.