Should I buy Persona 4 AU, Guilty Gear Xrd, or...

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

...wait for BlazBlue: Chronophantasia?

I've only lightly enjoyed Guilty Gear or Persona Arena in the max, and I've never really liked BlazBlue. I'm looking to try to get into anime fighters, and I don't know which is the best bet. I'd be getting Ultimax for 360, if it makes a difference.

Jesna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As much as I like Persona I think Guilty Gear is the better fighting game. If you are super into the Persona franchise it may be worth looking into, but I have enjoyed GG way more from a gameplay perspective.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Right now Guilty Gear is the one everyone is playing so I would say get that. People still play Persona but I can't speak if the online community for Xbox is even alive. Blazblue is pretty much dead right now thanks to the other games i mentioned and also 2.0 coming out next year.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man you're going at this all wrong, UNIEL is where it's at with anime fighters!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well obviously don't get Blazblue.

Both P4AU and GG are good, but they cater to slightly different audiences, so which one is for you depends on what you're looking for in a fighting game. I personally have more fun with Persona because I'm not that great at fighters. I think GG is cool and it was my introduction to ArcSys fighters, but the average level of play is far too technical for me. I can't keep up with decent GG players. While Arena is more complex and technical than some people give it credit for, it's a game I can play at a moderate skill level and feel okay about myself. And all things fair, I do like the cast of Persona a lot more GG.

That's kind of assuming you're playing online though. If you're going to spend a lot of time solo then I think P4AU defnitely has more going for it. But even if you are playing online it's worth pointing out that for whatever reason GG's netcode is kinda inferior to P4AU, so even with the more active player base it's debatable whether it's a better online experience at the moment.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

GGXrd. Blazblue is and always will be GG's bitch-ass younger brother who thinks he's cool.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

People still play Persona but I can't speak if the online community for Xbox is even alive.

It was pretty much dead on arrival. The lack of the Lobby mode killed it as well as anime fighters being more popular on Playstation.

Avatar image for wakkaflakkachimmichonga
wakkaflakkachimmichonga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GGXrd, but i'm biased

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like Blazblue. But get Xrd

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@little_socrates: BBCP is already out, technically (though there are rumors they'll be putting out another version next year). GGXrd is the current hotness, so get that, get the DLC characters, and then wait until they release the new BlazBlue or Persona 4 Ultimax 3 when everyone will migrate over to whatever's newer while we all curse this hamster wheel of title updates the anime-fighters have stuck us all on.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can't recommend getting into anime fighters with the American scene being so bandwagony and Arcsys being awful with updates as a new game.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ThunderSlash

@belegorm said:

Oh man I wish UNIEL has a U.S. release. I don't like the idea of making a Japanese PSN account for one game and then playing with people across the sea with a high ping. That game looks super cool.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wes899 said:

I can't recommend getting into anime fighters with the American scene being so bandwagony and Arcsys being awful with updates as a new game.

Yeah they are a waste of money honestly. If you have to choose then for sure XRD.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@belegorm said:

Oh man I wish UNIEL has a U.S. release. I don't like the idea of making a Japanese PSN account for one game and then playing with people across the sea with a high ping. That game looks super cool.

Only, like, 2 more months until UNiEL US. Hang in there!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wes899: @asilentprotagonist: You could pretty much say the same thing of literally every fighting game that's not Street Fighter 4. I don't think that's reason enough to never touch any other fighter if you are interested in them.