Xbox One version - how is it now?

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

After the not so great release of Assassins Creed Unity, I was wondering what the state of the game is now? For example, have they fixed the no faces bugs, the falling through the game world, frame rate issues, etc? I don't expect the gameplay in terms of changing the story or what activities you do will have been changes, but if they have fixed technical issues with the game then I am interested.

Thank you.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody?

GhostHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I've played about 20 hours of the Xbox One version and haven't seen any major bugs besides typical Assassin's Creed jankiness. No crashes or falling through the world. Frame rate is still all over the place and the recent patch did nothing to fix that, but it is apparently much better off than the PS4 version, which I've heard rarely gets above 20fps. I have found that the framerate sticks to a fairly solid 30 while up on rooftops but in large crowds or at the main assassin's base it dips pretty noticeably. There is another patch coming Monday, so we'll see if that helps any.

That aside, for too many reasons to list here, it just is NOT a very good game. And I tend to really like the AC games (besides AC3).

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't own the game myself, but I would recommend having a look at Digital Foundry's Performance Analysis, which has been updated in line with the recent patches. You can also keep up to date with the patches Ubisoft is rolling out by looking here.

I believe the general consensus is that the overall performance is still lacking compared to other games, and not all the bugs have been entirely fixed, but it is definitely in a better state than it was at launch. There's an update due out next week that will supposedly improve the framerate once more, but who can say.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JohnLocke

@ghosthouse:

@sunbrozak

Thanks both of you, I will see if the patch tomorrow helps. Hopefully it fixes the frame rate issues and other issues in the game. I am really interested in the game as I like look of the setting and historical point of view. Could be interesting to see.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

The patch has been delayed for all consoles by a few days, but I played around in Unity a bit last night and it's completely playable. Hell, I'm actually very impressed with how much I'm enjoying the game after all the bad news this game's been getting. Maybe the brunt of that stuff is aimed towards the PS4 version because most people have PS4s, because the X1 version seems fine. I ran around all night collecting things and learning the new systems, the game feels totally different than any other AC game. All the while, no bugs and the game looks and runs beautifully.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Franstone

Last I read their "big patch" was coming this week.
Not gonna launch that game again till I see that happen.
I didn't encounter many problems in the small time I played but I've heard about plenty of issues.
Since I'm distracted by other titles right now I figured I'd hold off until then.

Ah yes... this.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah this is disappointing news, but the blog seems to suggest the patch may come out in a few days time so fingers crossed it does and works. At least I would rather them hold the patch back then release it with game breaking bugs or save data corrupting issues or whatever.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By handlas

Well, if you are still waiting to hear... I bought this (had a giftcard so... that's my excuse) yesterday. About 50% of the time the frame rate is absolute trash. So unfortunate but I kind of knew to expect that going in. I've had one bug, at least I think it was a bug, where I was doing a side mission and there were 3 areas I had to search and they kept disappearing. Other than that it has played fine for the 3-4 hours I've been in it. I did one 4 player co-op mission. It was fun but very laggy but I have really bad internet so I can't blame the game completely.

I must say though, it's fun to be in a big open city again. I tried so hard to get into Black Flag and could not. And I think that is why. When the game is running smoothly it truly looks like nothing I've seen before. The characters, clothes, architecture and lighting are beautiful to look at. That is probably all I need for now to get me through the game.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By handlas

Okay I hit my first major bug! Thought I'd share because it's pretty terrible and funny to me. I don't think I've experienced anything worse than this in a game before.

I'm on Xone about 4 hours in and the only button that works on my controller is the little double window button (use to be select). The sticks, face buttons, start button, nothing else works. Bizarre. So I can go through menus just fine but when I get into the actual game I cannot move my character at all.

So there you go... guess the game is still busted.

edit: Okay so fast traveling fixed it. Still strange when suddenly your controller doesn't seem to work.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have played this for an embarrassing amount of time, a little because it's my podcast game at the moment to chip away at the completion. The companion app is a complete joke for just the Altair outfit I got today, and I've seen many on XB1 haven't even unlocked it.

I've lost controls after being in the menu and only "select" works. Fast travel fixes it but it shouldn't occur! After having played Shadow of Mordor everything in Unity has been so poor to go back to. Very poor execution on movement, combat, traversal and more. I hope Ubisoft can improve vastly or i'll simply not bother getting the next game in the series.

Now I'm making my own fun by pulling out my sword and people drop anything they carry instantly which leads to some funny moments. Also if you come across 3 dudes carrying a dead guy he can sometimes still be alive walking when you push them slightly. Watch them come together and he drops dead!

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still a mediocre experience mixed in with a pile of paper thin open world "side quests" and idiotic MT/mobile app based loot boxes. Probably crashes less now though...