Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Blood Bowl 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 22, 2015

A sequel to the first Blood Bowl. A game based on the Games Workshop table top mini figures game of the same name that pits fantasy races from the Warhammer universe against one another in turn-based American football.

Any Interest in a Giant Bomb League?

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mirado

Possibly against my better judgment (as Chaos Dwarfs aren't in the game yet), I've purchased Blood Bowl II, and was wondering if anyone is interested in setting up a bit of a league. All skill levels would be welcome, as the more we have in a league, the more likely someone would be on to actually play a match (I can't imagine Blood Bowl is super popular as it is).

If there's not enough interest, I'll just have to take my Dwarven Dental Service on the road and mess up some faces elsewhere.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There has alwasy been some mild interest before. So maybe you'll get people!
    I fear that not a lot of people will jump in at this point and area waiting for a complete edition with more races down the line. As is surely to happen.
    And depending how long you can keep this high on the forums!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheappoison: It's certainly a shame that they've only launched with eight races, but I can understand as this game has far more (and far better) animations and artwork than the previous game. They're the same under the surface, but BB2 is far more user friendly and a much better fit for new players.

Still, I can understand people staying away until they've added more of their favorites; while I'd imagine most new players would be satisfied with the eight that are in the base game, veterans would probably be more likely to hold out for some of the weirder, more fun, and more unique options down the road.

With that being said, if we can gather 10 or even 20 people, slap them in a steam group, and get some friends list shenanigans going, we could probably fuel a few games until more duders catch on.

Top8Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Top8Gamer

@mirado: It's not about the races. Races aside everything in the game is way worse then Chaos Edition on PC. The only reason to play this game is if you're playing on console or don't like waiting a couple of minutes to matchmake since there are more players.

• No grid on the field
    • No way to tell players apart (no nameplates/numbers)
    • No visual upgrade when players level
    • No league management options aside from player age
    • No way to set skills to ask to activate
    • No player stats for each player (passing/rushing yards/TD/etc.)
    • No dice log other then 1 line of scrolling text at the bottom
    • No lobby/league chat
    • No way to look at the opponent's roster during inducement purchases.

The list goes on and on. And if it's telling at all, the number of players on BB Chaos Edition shot up 70% after the release of BB2. That's how terrible it is. That instead of players switching over to BB2 it instead attracted more players to there older superior games.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CheapPoison

Not going to disagree with the above post. They alwasy seemed to have quite a bit of problems and I as the first version it will take till a certain edition before it start to come into it's own.

Just like 1 I think it is crazy, seeing as there is a better free alternative to all of this.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@top8gamer: Some of those do not bother me, some of those are shitty and I wasn't aware of them. With that being said, I still think BB2 has the potential to be better than BB1 even if it isn't there yet, although I can understand why people wouldn't want to buy into the hope of a superior experience.

And hell, I've got Chaos Edition as well, so I'd be happy to set up a league in that instead. More than happy, actually, as I'd get to play the race that I want.

CivilizedWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@mirado: I just bought this game and was wondering if you were still interested in doing this. I'd definitely be up for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.