Any way to get the Box Office Bomb on the iOS podcast app?

qnnplmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't just download and sync, unfortunately.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

I'd like to know to.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Try this, works in other software like VLC. Source

I have found a way to get it to work with podcatcher for foobar2000 you need to have the url for the RSS feed set like this

http://username:password@www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/

Replace username with your username and password with your password not need to change anything in to url code.

I would think this would work for most RSS/podcast things that don't ask for the login info, the only thing with this is it will be sending your password in plain text(as part of the url)...but I am not sure if the RSS/podcast things that do ask for info don't just to this anyway. Hope this helps everyone.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GaspoweR

I know the paid apps like Downcast allows for RSS downloads that requires a username and password, which is what I'm using right now.

qnnplmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By qnnplmr

This worked perfectly! Added it right into the app. thanks so much :)

Note: To add it in the iOS7 app, go to the "my podcasts" tab and paste it into the search box in the dead middle. Should work.

@forcen said:

Try this, works in other software like VLC. Source

@dante_the_jedi said:

I have found a way to get it to work with podcatcher for foobar2000 you need to have the url for the RSS feed set like this

http://username:password@www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/

Replace username with your username and password with your password not need to change anything in to url code.

I would think this would work for most RSS/podcast things that don't ask for the login info, the only thing with this is it will be sending your password in plain text(as part of the url)...but I am not sure if the RSS/podcast things that do ask for info don't just to this anyway. Hope this helps everyone.