Can some helpful soul make a GB GOTY podcast spoiler list

• 54 results
Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Last year some awesome guy/gal made a list of which games were spoiled in which game of the year podcast, can I rather selfishly ask for someone to take up the mantel and perform such a feat again?

nomtank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I second this sentiment.

In other news, I need to sit my ass down and finish Last of Us.

dodgyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dodgyc

@nomtank said:

I second this sentiment.

In other news, I need to sit my ass down and finish Last of Us.

Me too. When everyone keeps saying "that ending" when referring to the Last of Us, I have a strong feeling it will be spoiled for me by the end of the week. I'm currently on hard mode at the high school just before entering what looks like the gym. I got that far on release week, and haven't played for 6 months. Not sure why I stopped, but I'm debating dropping the difficulty to get through the game. I played on hard because Patrick and others said it was too easy on the lower difficulties, and you didn't have to ration as much.

For anyone who hasn't played Brothers, that will get spoiled no doubt. Just go play it! It's only about 3 hours of time (as long as you don't sit on benches).

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All the games this year

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

I don't think there was anything really specific in the first one aside from Bubsy 3D. A level or two in Brothers, maybe, but that's about it. Tomorrow seems like the big spoiler day.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Carryboy

@recspec said:

I don't think there was anything really specific in the first one aside from Bubsy 3D. A level or two in Brothers, maybe, but that's about it. Tomorrow seems like the big spoiler day.

Bubsy 3d what the fuck? There are spoilers in Bubsy 3d?

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwhom

I didn't hear any really. Just skip tomorrow, its the story podcast as well as the best new character podcast and that's really the only time anything worthwhile is bound to come up other than the game of the year one.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Hunter5024

Day 1 is pretty spoiler free. Day 2 you'll want to watch out for though because they're doing best story. Is there stuff that can be spoiled in The Swapper? Because I want to play that game but I'm not sure I can beat it before tomorrow.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So far: AC4 beginning, TLoU end (minor), BF4?

Has anyone played BF4 single player enough to tell if what Jeff argued for BF4 during the graphics discussion was a spoiler?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@psylah: Im not here to judge but..your really worried about BF4 campaign spoilers? If you are that's fine I just...your the first person Ive seen remotely give a damn about the campaign.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psylah: Im not here to judge but..your really worried about BF4 campaign spoilers? If you are that's fine I just...your the first person Ive seen remotely give a damn about the campaign.

Not trying to speak for @psylah, but I could see lots of people caring about AAA FPS spoilers. Those games are usually a progression of exciting set pieces, so if you know, say, "Oh! That one part where the plane you're on catches on fire and you have to parachute out is awesome!!!", that could take some of the fun out of experiencing the shock of that first-hand.

Different from how we usually think of character and story related spoilers, but easily annoying just the same.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@hunter5024 said:

Day 1 is pretty spoiler free. Day 2 you'll want to watch out for though because they're doing best story. Is there stuff that can be spoiled in The Swapper? Because I want to play that game but I'm not sure I can beat it before tomorrow.

Yeah the final moments of the game & the story behind the character you play as.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Nothing too spoilery today. They briefly and in a very vague way mentioned the ending of The Last of Us, but I haven't played the game and I have no idea what they were alluding to.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@joshwent: I guess. I just find it weird how sensitive some people can be about spoilers.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers: Assassin's Creed IV is awesome.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

@demoskinos said:

Not trying to speak for @psylah, but I could see lots of people caring about AAA FPS spoilers. Those games are usually a progression of exciting set pieces, so if you know, say, "Oh! That one part where the plane you're on catches on fire and you have to parachute out is awesome!!!", that could take some of the fun out of experiencing the shock of that first-hand.

Different from how we usually think of character and story related spoilers, but easily annoying just the same.

I'm not concerned, the guy asked for a list and I told him what I've heard so far. I haven't even played BF4, thus my inquisitive tone. I don't know if what he said was a spoiler or not, but I also don't care.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By davidwitten22

There's no way I am going to beat Bioshock Infinite quickly enough to catch the GOTY podcasts this week.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one I even vaguely care about is The Last of Us. I bought that game at launch and the only thing that still has me wanting to play it is all the people going "oooh, that ending." And I swear to god if it's just some traditional zombie movie bullshit I'm going to go beat Andrew Lincoln with a phone book because that seems somehow his fault directly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Let me restate the utility of summarizing spoiled games here and on into the festivities. I find that quite useful, and I would be appreciative.

gelu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gelu88

Listening to it now, I've only played Last of us, nothing else, and i'm really sensitive to spoilers.

I would say skip a bit when they start with bioshock infinite about 4:00 in

Also Gone home 22:00-ish

I might have skipped over some other discussion soon after Gone home, so watch out, but otherwise it's fine.

The last 3 game discussion is mostly clean. The last of us talk starts around 33:00 but they avoid specific mentions, other than to say in many words "it's not about zombies"

35:00 to 40:00 ish has some bioshock infinite stuff I skipped through.

Deadspace 3 ending spoilers about an hour 20mins in.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hunter5024

Do they spoil The Swapper?

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyromagnestir said:

@hunter5024 said:

Do they spoil The Swapper?

Yeah.

Do you know when?

Nope. Sorry. But Patrick says what the ending is, so it's pretty explicitly spoiled in that regard.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hunter5024

I remember earlier in the year Patrick talked around Zeno Clash IIs twist so poorly that I was pretty sure I was able to guess what it was based on the hints he gave, and now that he's legit spoiled it I can confirm that this was the case.

I believe The Swapper is spoiled between 27:00 and 29:00 for anyone else who cares.

NoMoreMutants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So there's no big Last of Us spoilers in today's shows?

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So there's no big Last of Us spoilers in today's shows?

The best new character discussion spoils stuff. The best story discussion talks about the ending, but keeps it somewhat vague.

NoMoreMutants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Does Brothers get spoiled at all in todays show? I heard a lot about it's ending and story being a big part of it so I wasn't sure if it would come up for best story. I just started playing it today.

BlamBlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything for GTAV? Obviously they had to have discussed it in depth to pick Lamar as best new character.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelu88 said:

Listening to it now, I've only played Last of us, nothing else, and i'm really sensitive to spoilers.

I would say skip a bit when they start with bioshock infinite about 4:00 in

Also Gone home 22:00-ish

I might have skipped over some other discussion soon after Gone home, so watch out, but otherwise it's fine.

The last 3 game discussion is mostly clean. The last of us talk starts around 33:00 but they avoid specific mentions, other than to say in many words "it's not about zombies"

35:00 to 40:00 ish has some bioshock infinite stuff I skipped through.

Deadspace 3 ending spoilers about an hour 20mins in.

Ok great thankyou! fortunately I have played all them.

How was day 3?

madlaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any updates to these? Most worried about Brothers/Stanley Parable/GTAV I think.

lord_python

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes please, surely someone's played all the games and has some spare time this holidays to help out a fellow giant-bomber?

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't want to over-simplify it or sound like a dick or anything, but chances are if it was a major release this year, there's a fair chance there will be spoilers for it. Picking through the GOTY podcasts to avoid spoilers sounds like picking all the chocolate chips out of a cookie-- yeah, you could do it, but it's better to just take it all in.

madlaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By madlaughter

@punkxblaze:

I have yet to finish Brothers, GTA V, and the Stanley Parable. I intend to play these games. I enjoy games much more when I don't know the endings to them. I would also enjoy listening to these podcasts during work.

If I listened to these podcasts and those games were spoiled, I would both enjoy the podcast less, and enjoy all three of those games less. I agree that there's a good chance these might be spoiled, but I'm asking in case they aren't.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By jkz

Anyone mind giving a timestamp for the end of the "best moment" talk on today's?

*Edit* Never mind, 1:15:50 is the end if anyone else cares

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@punkxblaze:

I have yet to finish Brothers, GTA V, and the Stanley Parable. I intend to play these games. I enjoy games much more when I don't know the endings to them. I would also enjoy listening to these podcasts during work.

If I listened to these podcasts and those games were spoiled, I would both enjoy the podcast less, and enjoy all three of those games less. I agree that there's a good chance these might be spoiled, but I'm asking in case they aren't.

Fair enough. Well, today's stuff includes best moment, so that's probably gonna get a little spoilery-- I haven't listened to it yet-- but I would expect at least Brothers and GTA to enter the conversation there.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are the time stamps for spoilers on Day 4. Note that when mentioning the nominees, sometimes the nomination itself includes a spoiler. To give an example that won't spoil anything from the games themselves, it'd be like <Empire Strikes Back for the "I am your father." moment>, so tread carefully... you've been warned.

29:50 – start of Best Moment or Sequence. (Games mentioned are Bioshock Infinite, Dead Rising 3, DmC: Devil May Cry, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, Saints Row IV, Gone Home, Year Walk, The Last of Us, Super Mario 3D World, The Swapper, The Stanley Parable and Papers, Please)

30:35 – 33:05 [Bioshock Infinite spoilers]

33:28 – 39:50 [Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons spoilers]

39:50 – 41:00 [Gone Home spoilers]

41:03 – 42:12 [Saints Row IV minor spoilers] (though for some, it won't even really count)

42:14 – 44:25 [The Stanley Parable spoilers]

44:27 – 44:35 [The Last of Us] (mention of the moment they’re nominating but they don't really spoil anything)

44:40 – 45:21 [DmC: Devil May Cry spoilers]

45:21 – 46:46 [Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance spoilers]

46:47 – 47:40 [Papers, Please spoilers]

47:53 – 48:08 [Bioshock Infinite spoilers]

48:08 – 48:18 [Super Mario 3D World] (not really a spoiler?)

48:19 – 48:27 [The Swapper] (mentions the game but no spoilers as the moment was already mentioned in a previous day)

48:28 – 49:00 [Year Walk] (minor spoilers)

49:07 – 53:23 [Dead Rising 3 spoilers]

53:24 – 53:28 [Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us] (spoilers for Bioshock, not so much TLoU)

53:55 – 54:21 [going over the remaining nominees of DmC, Metal Gear Rising, TLOU, Bioshock] (the disclaimer at the beginning of my post about spoilers in the nomination still apply)

54:27 – 58:50 [Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance spoilers] (57:30 – 57:34 Metal Gear Solid 2 ending mentioned)

59:00 – 59:12 [Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us] (spoilers for Bioshock, not so much TLoU)

59:13 – 1:00:00 [DmC: Devil May Cry spoilers]

1:00:08 – 1:02:12 [Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us] (spoilers for Bioshock, not so much TLoU)

1:02:13 – 1:02:25 [The Stanley Parable spoilers]

1:02:25 – 1:04:22 [The Last of Us] (mention of the moment they’re nominating but they don't really spoil anything)

1:05:57 – 1:07:15 and 1:07:27 – 1:11:57 [Bioshock Infinite spoilers]

1:14:35 – 1:14:40 [Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons spoilers]

1:15:20 - 1:15:30 [mention the names of the winning games and their moments, slight spoilers for those that don't want to know anything and haven't seen the winners on the day 4 article]

1:15:50 end

A few take aways from this is that while they said they wouldn't pull any punches, they oddly talked around the ending of The Last of Us. As someone that hasn't finished the game, I wasn't really spoiled by much aside from knowing that both Joel and Ellie survive until the end of the game so not much to worry about there. Also, at times when they were talking about games they weren't really explicitly spoilers, it was more just discussion of the game, but I'm too lazy to go back and curate that, so I'll leave the word 'spoilers' behind each game and time stamp all the same, and it should hopefully help those that want to remain completely oblivious to certain elements of a particular game. Here's hoping the formatting works...

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wchigo: Thanks bro!

Also, while I have no intention of listening to any of the GOTY podcasts (going on 3 years now that I haven't), I 100% support the effort to tag the timestamps. I'm very sensitive to spoilers because I play games just as much for the story as for the gameplay, and I find it completely baffling that someone couldn't understand or comprehend why another person wouldn't want something spoiled (in any medium), so good on you for this.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to over-simplify it or sound like a dick or anything, but chances are if it was a major release this year, there's a fair chance there will be spoilers for it. Picking through the GOTY podcasts to avoid spoilers sounds like picking all the chocolate chips out of a cookie-- yeah, you could do it, but it's better to just take it all in.

Nah, it's like taking the pickle out of a hamburger.

Bombzinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bombzinski

@wchigo said:

Here are the time stamps for spoilers on Day 4. Note that when mentioning the nominees, sometimes the nomination itself includes a spoiler. To give an example that won't spoil anything from the games themselves, it'd be like <Empire Strikes Back for the "I am your father." moment>, so tread carefully... you've been warned.

Wow you are a beast. Big props!

Eviternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Carryboy

@wchigo: You are doing gods work....

But in all seriousness thank you very much!

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wchigo

@carryboy: @eviternal: @bombzinski: @ajamafalous: Thanks for the kind words guys. I was going to listen to the GOTY podcasts like always, even though I'd be spoiled on games I haven't played or finished yet (such as Last of Us and Stanley Parable), so I figured why not help out my fellow duders?

I was just wondering if it would even be helpful to anyone this late, seeing as how the podcast is released at 2 am for me, so I'd get around to listening to it much later than most. Apparently, it does help, so I'm glad for that. :D

Bombzinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bombzinski

Yeah everything posted in this thread is very useful.

I'm still at Best Story and shit's starting to hit the fan in a hilarious fashion, but I wanted to take a step back and check if they drop any real spoiler bombs about anything I'm interested in (apparently they don't)

gelu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By gelu88

Another thanks from me @wchigo. When I come accross a cool looking article video or podcast talking about a game/movie/show i havent watched, I bookmark it in a "spoilers" folder.

Your post is in there along with the day 4 podcast.

Whenever I end up beating Bioshock, Stanley parable, Gone home and brothers, i plan to come back and give it a listen.

Anything specific to note about the best game discussion in day 5?

Ksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Specifically wondering about spoilers for The Last of us on the day 5 podcast. I want to see the ending for myself, but I've got about three hours left at work that would go by a lot quicker with this last podcast.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By wchigo

Hey guys, sorry but I probably won't have the day 5 part up for a bit. As previously mentioned the podcast comes out at like 2 am local time for me and while I did wake up at one point around 3:30 and started listening to it, I fell asleep again at some point. I did get started though and here's what I have so far:

Best Horror, also given the name of Patrick Klepek's Biggest Scare of 2013 by Jeff <3:16-17:07>

Outlast <5:12-6:29> [slight spoilers at 6:18-6:24]

Amnesia A Machine For Pigs <6:29-7:38> [slight spoilers at 7:01-7:25]

Dread Halls <7:38-8:40>

??? <10:03-10:58> (Patrick forgot the name of this one, I think it's Kraken Sea Horror)

Slender The Arrival <12:11-12:24>

Year Walk <12:25-13:20> [mildly spoiler-ish]

Alone In The Rift <13:22-14:25> [spoilers]

Dread Halls <15:57-16:36> [mildly spoiler-ish]

I'll post another update as soon as possible with the more important spoiler parts that I know you're all waiting for, thanks for the patience guys.

gelu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By gelu88

Very few spoilers after the horror games. Almost the whole time was spent talking as if everyone knew everything about all of them.

But around 2:58:00 they start talking about LOU for no1 and gradually get more detailed. not more than 3-ish minutes though. It's not specific ending spoilers, but more character insights, mainly just prior to the 3 hour mark.

Totally spoiler free otherwise, IMO.

doomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#50  Edited By doomed

I'm at 1:39:10 and after horror I haven't noticed any spoilers. edit: Stanley Parable references around 1:50