Deeply disappointed of Brad Shoemaker

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aleperez75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope he gets to read this but in the past 3 bombcast Brad is not being impartial by always saying how "sweet" the PS4 is and how disappointment the XBox One is. I think he is not being impartial as both console are good. If you mainly prefer indies then PS4 is for you, if you like multiplayer and big budget Xbox One is better. But that is my opinion.

I'm very disappointed of Brad and Jeff for allowing it. Giantbomb is usually impartial but since they now have a couple of their friends working at Sony I don't know if i like it any more.

D_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think your problem is that you're hung up on thinking that Giant Bomb is meant to be impartial. When you get over that, you'll start having a lot more fun.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ben_H

It's an opinion podcast. That is his opinion. Giant Bomb has never been a bastion of impartialness.

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By syz

I was unaware that I could not get big budget games and multiplayer on my PS4. BRB changing consoles.

Let's also remember that we're talking about the guy who had the gall to propose that the 360 was a top 3 console of all time last week, which had I been listening while driving would have caused me to swerve off the road to my death.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Date joined:2009-02-26

The long con.

Aleperez75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

syz,

I'm sorry, I'm not saying that PS4 does not have some big budget but they are clearly focusing on indies and XB1 have more big budget available now and in the near future. That is what i meant.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what make you think that any staff member is supposed to be impartial?

syz,

I'm sorry, I'm not saying that PS4 does not have some big budget but they are clearly focusing on indies and XB1 have more big budget available now and in the near future. That is what i meant.

ugh you sound soooooooooooo impartial right now.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Levius

He is a game critic. He provided critical analysis. He is literally doing his job.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Last generation they basically called the PS3 a hysterical pile of trash that occasionally gets a Naughty Dog game. They preferred 360 versions of everything and were pretty upfront about it.

Giant Bomb is not usually impartial. They are not Forbes. Giant Bomb was a fever dream of Jeff and Ryan and here it is today. And if Jeff wants to make a squacking laugh everytime the Ouya comes up, that's his decision to make.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I have both consoles, and that is very disappointing, I agree. I'm currently enjoying watching a bunch of movies and TV shows through the new media app on XONE w/ external HDD support. I also have Infamous, and that's cool too. It's not enough to just like things these days, let sigh.

Aleperez75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billymagnum,

I might sound impartial but is my assessment. Im not saying that one is better than the other. But I don't have the microphone and persuasion power that Brad has just by being in the leading gaming podcast. I hope you can see that. They should have more responsibility if they don't want to annoy part of their audience.

Avatar image for creepyunclebrad
CreepyUncleBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I've been pretty upset with Brad and the rest of them expressing opinions as well. I come here for cold, hard, throbbing, facts. If I wanted to hear opinions I would go to some sort of forum or podca- oh..

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Wraxend

This is a personality driven site not an impartial boring here are the facts site.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Billymagnum,

I might sound impartial but is my assessment. Im not saying that one is better than the other. But I don't have the microphone and persuasion power that Brad has just by being in the leading gaming podcast. I hope you can see that. They should have more responsibility if they don't want to annoy part of their audience.

They don't care. They've gotten to the top by saying their honest opinions on everything and being real people.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

I hope Brad never sees this, because it's nearly pointless.

Because Brad enjoys one console more than the other does not mean that you have to share his opinion. You're still allowed to like the XBone, and there's no reason anyone should be telling you to think otherwise.

As others have said, the podcast doesn't have to be impartial. If you are annoyed at it, that's your prerogative; but there is no need to try and shame Brad for having an opinion that differs from your own.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games journalism is really fun when it's completely without personal opinion, it's that kind of shit that makes me come back for more, thats why I like Giantbomb so much because it's totally not a personality driven website and is completely neutral. Like Switzeland with Windjammers.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Giantbomb has been formed, the guys have not been what I would call impartial. They like anyone else have opinions, likes and dislikes and have always been upfront about it. Just like anyone else on the planet, they can be reasonable about somethings, unreasonable about others (Yoshi 4 lyfe, I stab at your heart of darkness Jeff) and at other points just straight up not give a fuck about certain things. It doesn't change the fact that I prefer my Xbox One over my PS4, the One simply has more stuff I want to play and despite some of it's flaws I do prefer the UI and find the kinect voice stuff handy. Brad liking the PS4 and finding the Xbox One a disappointment does not change my own opinion or even bother me. It's his decision to make my friend. Like I said the guys since starting this site have never really been impartial but for the most part I have always found them to be reasonable dudes. Like one duder said, if you just get over the hump thinking these dudes need to be hard edged impartial newsman and just take them for the lovable chuckle heads they are, you'll have more fun.

@brodehouse: Jeff's laugh every time the Ouya comes up is perhaps one of my favorite things and will support his position to treat the Ouya like shit forever.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By AMyggen

It's good to see that Brad and Jeff have gone from being called MS fanboys last gen, to Sony fanboys this gen. Things changes, but stays the same.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The podcast should just be 3 hours of reading press releases.

Aleperez75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aleperez75

Another responsibility they have is with the gaming industry. I don't feel Brad is being objective. If they keep favoring one console over the other they are contributing to console sales disparity and that is bad for the industry because there is a need of balance so one does not get abusive.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Another responsibility they have is with the gaming industry. I don't feel Brad is being objective. If they keep favoring one console over the other they are contributing to console sales disparity and that is bad for the industry because there is a need of balance so one does not get abusive.

... I think you gravely overestimate the power that the bombcast holds over the industry.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous said:

Date joined:2009-02-26

The long con.

Haha, nice catch. I'll give this guy credit, he's not some random alt account.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By nightriff

People can't have opinions? You should stay away from the internet buddy.

He can feel exactly how he feels. At least he is open about his preference and not hiding it like some people and sites do.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@aleperez75 said:

Billymagnum,

I appreciate where you're coming from, I also know it sucks to hear people you like diss the things you enjoy.

But..

The simple truth is that Giant Bomb doesn't believe what you believe, and you'll find many of us in the community do not either -

1) If their personalities alienate some viewers, that's OK.

Like many said, GB basically shat on the PS3 daily and those of us who had Sony systems just grinned and took it. No biggie. I'm not here because GB is impartial and has exclusive coverage - I'm here because I like Brad and Jeff and just want to hear what they have to say. Obviously I wouldn't support them being hateful but if Brad actually thinks the XB1 is no good right now than whatever. It's the Wii of this generation for him.

2) An audience does not make you a role model

This is like asking NBA stars to be good people. You're missing the point of why they are famous. Jeff is very well known for providing hilarious and aggressive opinions. Usually he is even handed but all the same extremity is part of his delivery.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh but I think that you need to think about why Giant Bomb is popular at all, and it's because they are frank and honest, not because they try to be politically correct. Also try to consider the place of the Xbox One and how last generation it was the Wii and PS3 in that position and the generation before that it was the GameCube and Xbox.

Edit: consider also how the Ouya is treated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aleperez75 said:

Well yeah... I mean... are you basically objecting the existence of reviews now? I mean, it helps consumers make an informed decision. I mean if they prefer one to the other then as far as I'm concerned its their duty to tell us that... as long as they don't blindly make an opinion and preach it like gospel then it's fine.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Console warriors should be more concerned with the PC which seems to have supplanted 360 as the platform of choice.

Aleperez75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys might be right, but i use to like the Giantbomb so much as they use to trash things for a reason. I dont know, maybe this is not the right site for me anymore.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aleperez75: That's the complete opposite, actually! Microsoft is only doing everything they can to improve Xbox One because of how most people right now prefer the PS4 and express that they do, like Brad. That's what happened last generation too! Sony started really full of themselves thinking the PS3 had already won, and when most people preferred the Xbox 360, they worked so so hard to improve the PS3.

Also, being objective is the same as being impartial, and we're here EXACTLY because they aren't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aleperez75 said:

You guys might be right, but i use to like the Giantbomb so much as they use to trash things for a reason. I dont know, maybe this is not the right site for me anymore.

They aren't trashing the Xbone though, at least not that I've noticed, they simply prefer the PS4. It's not like they have a segment every week where their sole intention is to 'assassinate' the Xbone or look for any chance they can get to go 'LOLconsolewars'.

Beyond_Recall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm "disappointed of" you for making this thread, OP.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If anything, Brad has been pretty dismissive of both consoles so far, and has been in the "get a gaming PC" camp instead.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By VoshiNova

@d_mac said:

I think your problem is that you're hung up on thinking that Giant Bomb is meant to be impartial. When you get over that, you'll start having a lot more fun.

This.

But I kinda see an angle where there's no need to point out PS4's upper hand so often. But that's really grabbing for straws.

Silly Straws.

No Caption Provided

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the day when giant bomb stops being opinionated is the day i leave the site. like unfiltered opinions. they are more honest.

also its not like they ignore the xbox one.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#36  Edited By extintor

I think you might be overreacting a tad... Brad has dropped the occasional "I'm not an xbot but..." prior to saying positive things about Xbox stuff in the past. He's also criticized the Sony pricing model recently while a Sony employee (John Drake) was actually on the same podcast as him.

In general terms I think Giantbomb has such a degree of interaction and friendships with developers and other industry people that any expectation of absolute impartiality is unreasonable. That said, I value the opinions of the GB crew more than any others because I trust that they are just talking about the stuff they like... and they know absolutely tonnes about it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@amyggen said:

If anything, Brad has been pretty dismissive of both consoles so far, and has been in the "get a gaming PC" camp instead.

Which right now is where I'm at as well. Especially since there are a lot of cool games that never make it to consoles and even more that are much better on PC even if they are on one of or both the consoles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen said:

Which right now is where I'm at as well. Especially since there are a lot of cool games that never make it to consoles and even more that are much better on PC even if they are on one of or both the consoles.

But I want dat WWE 2k15 career mode :(

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Going to close this now since the community has spoken, plus everyone knows that consoles suck anyway. PC 4 LYFE