• 112 results
#101 Posted by crithon (3263 posts) -

I will never forget when MK9 got kicked off the top 10...... LETS HOPE THAT HAPPENS AGAIN WITH INJUSTICE!!!

#102 Posted by devoidcheeks (33 posts) -

@phrosnite: why boring, they all make really good cases, and this was not a bad year in video games...

My only complaint will be if Gone Home is on the list, it was a fun 90 minute romp, but the only thing that kept me interested was knowing it was that short.

#103 Posted by devoidcheeks (33 posts) -

But in all honestly, it should be either Last of Us or Bioshock: infinite...I know going triple A is the easy way out, but both of those were great games.

If DmC wins, I would agree w/ that...as long as it's not GTA V...I've played all the GTA's leading up to it, and they have not held my attention since Vice City.

#104 Posted by RonGalaxy (3170 posts) -

Here's my, unordered, prediction for the list

• The Last of Us*
  • Grand Theft Auto 5*
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • DOTA2
  • Rogue Legacy*
  • Bioshock Infinite*
  • Gone Home*
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag*
  • Super Mario 3D World*

There are 3 other games that I keep thinking about. They are Divekick, Papers Please, and (maybe) The Swapper. I think these ones will be talked about a lot, but will get booted off of the list in the end. They could squeeze their way on though, and in that case I think some interchangeable games would be Brothers, The Stanley Parable, and DOTA2. I'm fairly confident every other game I predicted will be on the list (which is why I put *'s next to those games).

#105 Edited by believer258 (11914 posts) -

@artisanbreads: @fitzgerald: Have you guys thought about buying a copy and then emulating it? That way, you've got a legal copy, but you can play it on a bigger screen.

#106 Posted by beasontheswarm (1 posts) -

@naru_joe93: That's a pretty solid list and seems to address the intersection of compromise and the most dominant voices.

#107 Posted by bybeach (4831 posts) -

I'm not a Dark souls enthusiast but... oh wait, that was a last year game, wasn't it. Guess because I am playing it on PC. Camera has been pissing me off, but what a game. using a controller, feels right.

#108 Edited by Roboculus92 (516 posts) -

@naru_joe93 said:

Here's my, unordered, prediction for the list

• The Last of Us*
  • Grand Theft Auto 5*
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • DOTA2
  • Rogue Legacy*
  • Bioshock Infinite*
  • Gone Home*
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag*
  • Super Mario 3D World*

There are 3 other games that I keep thinking about. They are Divekick, Papers Please, and (maybe) The Swapper. I think these ones will be talked about a lot, but will get booted off of the list in the end. They could squeeze their way on though, and in that case I think some interchangeable games would be Brothers, The Stanley Parable, and DOTA2. I'm fairly confident every other game I predicted will be on the list (which is why I put *'s next to those games).

I seriously doubt DOTA2 will be on the list (though it'll definitely be on Brad's list) but otherwise I pretty much agree with what you have there.

edit: Just for the hell of it, I'll put down what I think the order might be (Oh and now that I think about it, Zelda will definitely be on that list and Saints Row 4 will probably be on there as well so I'll just swap out Dota2 and The Stanley Parable).

1. The Last of Us

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

3. Gone Home

4. Bioshock Infinite

5. Super Mario 3D World

6. Saints Row 4

7. Grand Theft Auto V

8. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

9. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

10. Rogue Legacy

#109 Posted by kishinfoulux (2309 posts) -

Gamespot just gave their overall GOTY to Zelda, which I think is fucking fantastic. It's great to see a handheld title rewarded for once. I'll shout it til my face is blue, but I still think Ghost Trick was GOTY 2011.

#110 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5515 posts) -

Despite some of the crew's misgivings with the game, I think The Last of Us holds a good chance for game of the year.

#111 Edited by Dooley (185 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan It's truly a shame that what happened with Ryan ruined The Last of Us for Jeff. I honestly think that if Ryan was still around The Last of Us would be game of the year. I understand that the gameplay was not well liked by most of the crew, but what that game did with the story and voice acting is unlike anything I have ever seen in a video game. I predict that GTAV and Bioshock Infinite will be in the top running for this year. I would be surprised if Gone Home and The Stanley Parable rank higher than those two but it is definitely a possibility. Super Mario 3D World, Brothers, Assasins Creed IV: Black Flag and Rayman Legends will also most likely be on this list. Games that could round out the rest could be Dead Rising 3, Tearaway and Saints Row IV. I imagine that The Last of Us will be somewhere in the top ten I just don't know where.

As I said before though, its a real shame that TLoU was tainted by their tragedy. Because for me nothing else this year even came close. Looking forward to listening to 9 hours of these dudes deliberating though.

P.S. @patrickklepek please fight for Metro: Last Light to win some kind of an award. I really enjoyed that game. Also good luck with The Swapper. @brad please fight for Ni no Kuni. You know how special that game really is.

P.S.S. Well shit everyone is posting their top ten so I might as well.

1. The Last of Us

2. DOTA 2

3. Assasins Creed: Black Flag

4. Bioshock Infinite

5. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

6. Metro: Last Light

7. Saints Row IV

8. Rogue Legacy

9. Rayman Legends

10. NBA 2k13

And my 2011 game of 2013 is Dark Souls. I played that game for over 200 hours. It's nothing compared to the over 3000 hours I've spent in DOTA 2 but its still more than any other single player game ever for me.

#112 Edited by gerrid (327 posts) -

Urg I hope it's not like 2008 all over again and Jeff will convince everyone to go for GTA. I think the only way it would win is a sort of default choice, since actually now Jeff seems to have gone off the boil, I don't think Patrick liked it and Brad hated it too, which would only leave Vinny and I don't think it was his favourite game. Bioshock Infinite might squeeze it.

Like everyone says Last of Us doesn't stand a chance because Jeff is dead against it no matter what and, while Brad loved it and Vinny and Drew both liked it, I don't think it will be enough. An outside chance of Saints Row 4 since they all seemed to really enjoy that, but I don't think it is a big enough game for them to choose for site GOTY.

Brothers will be up there but I think Papers, Please and Gone Home will also get included.

So taking all of that into consideration... Windjammers.

#113 Edited by jaycrockett (451 posts) -

Who exactly is going to be in the room this year? Patrick and Alex? I really like Drew but he just seems to play less games. Alex seems to play and review a lot of games, so I hope he's included.

#114 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

There will be two games that will be pushed so far that someone will almost lose their shit during the podcasts. You know the ones...