Here's my opinion on the split-cast

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By Cramsy

This is going down as a blog which is my space to write about shit and what I think about it. (It'll probably get attached to general but the blog post tag should deter 'cool story bros') 

As some of you may know, I'm an Australian boy, born and bred. So a bunch of the whiskey premium stuff really doesn't apply to me, which is totally fair enough, the Australian audience is freaking tiny compared to US, Canadian and European ones.  Not what this blog post is about.

I've always watched the videos on GiantBomb in the lowest quality in order to save my 50gig a month bandwidth cap. Watching the last 5 minutes of the Deadly Premonition endurance run each day kind of had me missing the point. So HD really isn't for me.   

The tshirt I'd have to pay some shipping fees through the nose in order to get (again, nobodies fault) 

Just the whole BombCast thing has really disappointed me, I freaking love that thing, why tamper with it? Of course it's one of the biggest assets of the site so why not try and tap into that audience. I think, have an optional fee to get the bombcast a few days earlier. Say paid users get it on Monday, free users get it on the Friday? I'd happily pay a yearly subscription for that. Jeff was talking about tiered Xbox Live subscriptions on the 'cast last week and I think that's what Whiskey should have.  $25 AUD (so roughly $20 USD?) a year for early casts I'd be down for.

I've grown so accustomed to the 2+ hour Bombcasts that 1 hour won't take me through my monster train trip to uni every day. I know I could wait but I just don't see the use in splitting the audience over features that some of us mightn't use when there are a bunch of viable ways to get people to pay and still have the bombcast relatively unaffected.  

Anyone else have ideas?  I love my bombcast too much to let it get trampled in the forums without anyone giving more options. 

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cramsy

This is going down as a blog which is my space to write about shit and what I think about it. (It'll probably get attached to general but the blog post tag should deter 'cool story bros') 

As some of you may know, I'm an Australian boy, born and bred. So a bunch of the whiskey premium stuff really doesn't apply to me, which is totally fair enough, the Australian audience is freaking tiny compared to US, Canadian and European ones.  Not what this blog post is about.

I've always watched the videos on GiantBomb in the lowest quality in order to save my 50gig a month bandwidth cap. Watching the last 5 minutes of the Deadly Premonition endurance run each day kind of had me missing the point. So HD really isn't for me.   

The tshirt I'd have to pay some shipping fees through the nose in order to get (again, nobodies fault) 

Just the whole BombCast thing has really disappointed me, I freaking love that thing, why tamper with it? Of course it's one of the biggest assets of the site so why not try and tap into that audience. I think, have an optional fee to get the bombcast a few days earlier. Say paid users get it on Monday, free users get it on the Friday? I'd happily pay a yearly subscription for that. Jeff was talking about tiered Xbox Live subscriptions on the 'cast last week and I think that's what Whiskey should have.  $25 AUD (so roughly $20 USD?) a year for early casts I'd be down for.

I've grown so accustomed to the 2+ hour Bombcasts that 1 hour won't take me through my monster train trip to uni every day. I know I could wait but I just don't see the use in splitting the audience over features that some of us mightn't use when there are a bunch of viable ways to get people to pay and still have the bombcast relatively unaffected.  

Anyone else have ideas?  I love my bombcast too much to let it get trampled in the forums without anyone giving more options. 

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cooljammer00

You act like they care about you.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

Hey, check out Giantbomb.com, it's got great features like video, news and it also has a great podcast...oh wait...

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

No Caption Provided
Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cramsy
@cooljammer00 said:
" You act like they care about you. "
Oh no, that attitude hasn't taken over now has it?  

Fk sake I thought I reserved that for Activision 
cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By cooljammer00
@Cramsy said:
" @cooljammer00 said:
" You act like they care about you. "
Oh no, that attitude hasn't taken over now has it?   Fk sake I thought I reserved that for Activision  "
Sorry, sorry.  That was kneejerk.
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By big_jon

This is totally fucked, half of the shit they offer is stuff I do not want and them holding half the Bombcast hostage just wow. I don`t want the other whiskey media shit and I don't have a Mobile phone for that App thing.

Totally fucked, Giant bomb I will never think the same of you again.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By trophyhunter

Only on a count of villainy