Hitting the Back Catalog, finding some funny stuff.

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LongMasterWolf

I started listening to the bombcast in summer of last year, so I have  alot of catching up to do (early 2008). So I decided to start downloading and listening to the bombcast from the start.

OMGzzzz

For instance In listening to episode 4 (of the bombcast not arrow pointing down) Jeff decided to call everyone who believes the current generation will be on a 10 year cycle idiots. HAHAHHAHAA. That and their discussion of GOW Movie, or a Microsoft motion controller that looks like the Wii. Good stuff.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

I'd like to think if I went back in time 3 years the stuff I knew would blow their minds.

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LongMasterWolf

Oh yeah, Kinect?!?!?!  Netflix instant streaming!?!?!??!! Hardrives!!!

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NekuCTR

You should go back even further and start with The HotSpot. Now those were some good times.

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LongMasterWolf

When do Brad and Vinny show up?  I am starting to miss them.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By skywing
@LongMasterWolf said:
" When do Brad and Vinny show up?  I am starting to miss them. "
They show up eventually.  If you'd like to go even further back you should check out the hotspot over on Gamespot.com 
It was a really great podcast that had all four of the GB guys on it regularly and it had others.  Also they go back to around 2004 or 2006 i think so you will get some crazy stuff from that one.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus
@skywing said:

" @LongMasterWolf said:

They show up eventually.  If you'd like to go even further back you should check out the hotspot over on Gamespot.com It was a really great podcast that had all four of the GB guys on it regularly and it had others.  Also they go back to around 2004 or 2006 i think so you will get some crazy stuff from that one. "
It really was, wasn't it? ...coming to you LIVE from San Fransicso, it's Gamespot Presents: The Hotspot! And now, here's your host master- Riiiiiiiiiiich Galllllllup!
skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By skywing
@TooWalrus said:
" @skywing said:

" @LongMasterWolf said:

They show up eventually.  If you'd like to go even further back you should check out the hotspot over on Gamespot.com It was a really great podcast that had all four of the GB guys on it regularly and it had others.  Also they go back to around 2004 or 2006 i think so you will get some crazy stuff from that one. "
It really was, wasn't it? ...coming to you LIVE from San Fransicso, it's Gamespot Presents: The Hotspot! And now, here's your host master- Riiiiiiiiiiich Galllllllup! "
Gaming for me is a religion......  best podcast segment I have heard ever.
I remember that pax podcast two years ago where Rich came on and Jeff did the outro or intro (i forget) I was driving my car and had to pull over I was laughing so hard.
DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By DeathByWaffle
@skywing: That gaming for me is a religion segment would be better if they didn't have all those sound effects for when they swear, that got on my nerves
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@LongMasterWolf said:
Some time in June, if I remember correctly. I think it's the first June podcast.
tydigame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tydigame

After started my way from the beginning again, I can't believe that they 1) didn't read the DSi ware stuff in the beginning 2) didn't always have the DSi ware store music playing in the background while reading them, and 3) could possibly have decided that they don't want to read them in the Bombcast (the greatness of the X-press notwithstanding).

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LongMasterWolf
@tydigame: I can't believe they thought that Wii and Dsi ware was going to be any good.  

@Vito_Raliffe: Sweet I'm pretty excited. 

Why don't they have the energy drink section anymore?  

Also, I noticed just how short they used to be. The "What have you been playing" segment is like 5 minutes in the old ones, but in the new ones it takes up like 40 minutes.