The Giantbomb quake Survival Video Game?

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By lkpower

I love love it if I could play a videogame where I could play as whiskey media employees who are trying to survive the aftermath of a quake. Who would you play as if this game existed?

I would play Vinny... He's thought this through and what elements of mechanics would you include in this game?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By psylah

Managing how much meat to harvest from the interns' corpses before it starts to spoil.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Harkat

The different characters would have different traits:

For example; Jeff and Ryan would be bad at inventory management.

Jeff would be good at knife combat, and begin the game with a cop-knife.

Ryan, having no empathy for anyone, would get extra XP for murdering un-aggressive survivors and looting their corpses.

Vinny, whos general friendlyness and experience with RPG's, could easily turn people to his cause and/or convince them to not attack him.

Brad could shout in a voice so full of bass it would cause the earth to split (possible story element about Brad maybe having caused the earthquake?). However, Brad would also sometimes Pull A Brad and randomly take control away from the player and head straight for a cliff, while shouting "OH MAN".

Patrick would have extra inventory space in his mystical hair.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Harkat said:

Vinny, whos general friendlyness and experience with RPG's, could easily turn people to his cause and/or convince them to not attack him.

I dunno if you heard the last Bombcast, but Vinny doesn't seem like he would take any prisoners with his underwater shotgun.
Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Blackout62

@Harkat said:

Brad could shout in a voice so full of bass it would cause the earth to split (possible story element about Brad maybe having caused the earthquake?). However, Brad would also sometimes Pull A Brad and randomly take control away from the player and head straight for a cliff, while shouting "OH MAN".

Brad is the DovaQuakehkiin!

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dtat

This sounds like a fantastic idea! Someone should make a 16 bit overhead RPG of this.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Harkat

@President_Barackbar said:

@Harkat said:

I dunno if you heard the last Bombcast, but Vinny doesn't seem like he would take any prisoners with his underwater shotgun.

Oh, sure. He's charismatic and all, but if push comes to shove, he'll throw you straight out the safety triangle and pop a buckshot in your ass.