why no love from this site for ONLIVE.

greyhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By greyhawk

onlive is a great service, but i have seen no coverage of the onlive service from this site. why? onlive released their mobile app 2 weeks ago, and not one mention of it from you. this app gives mobile gamers full console/pc games. not watered down mobile versions. i respect the bombcast crew, but not any mentioning any onlive happenings is shameful. if you are going to cover the games industry than cover all of the industry. thanks.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

Did you send them a tip when it happend? Because the only way they know when somthings up is
1 when they read/encounter it.
2 when someone else tells them about it.
They also only have a few people to write stories.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Moonshadow101

@greyhawk said:

this app gives mobile gamers full console/pc games.

I can only assume your keyboard is covered in whatever you were drinking when you typed this. I certainly wouldn't have been able to do it without laughing hysterically.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sopranosfan

You must really love Onlive. At least 3 of your first 9 posts mentions it in it. If I had a tablet I probably would use Onlive some but I have a major problem paying for a game and it only existing on a cloud drive somewhere. I could actually see me using their service with the monthly fee because I would look at that like rental fees which I can justify because I realize I don't own a rental but I don't see me buying much on Onlive because of the "owning" problem.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CptBedlam

Why should they? This site covers games, not services.

@greyhawk: Also, your viral marketing attempt is lame.

Leviticus128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Leviticus128

@CptBedlam said:

Also, viral marketing is lame.

what he said. That's why tested did some coverage of it. maybe hit will up with a message if there has been some drastic new advancements made to the service.

roc_553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By roc_553

@greyhawk: Why is this posted in the bombcast forum?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss

Covering all of the industry would take a much larger staff.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By JoeyRavn

@greyhawk said:

i respect the bombcast crew, but not any mentioning any onlive happenings is shameful.

Blatant OnLive ad is blatant. Just look at his posting history.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@greyhawk: I think people would take you more seriously if you used uppercase lettering at the beginning of each sentences. Just sayin'. It's just basic online etiquette. As to On Live, most gamers already have a console or a nice PC so we don't really care about On Live. GiantBomb isn't going to cover a uncompelling niche product. Also you can't control full PC games on a tablet and have it work properly. Unless they have some sort of wireless gamepad you can use. At that point, why not just set up a real system or just play native iOS/Android games?

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By C0V3RT

Genuine question, but do enough people even care about Onlive for it to warrant coverage?

I could guarantee that if I asked 10 of my non-gamer friends about the service, they'd have no clue what i was talking about. If i asked 10 friends who play games, I'd imagine maybe one or two people would be interested in it.

greyhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By greyhawk

yes, i have posted a lot about ONLIVE. the service is great. i also was worried about not owning the games. but onlive runs specials like steam does. i picked up batman AC for free, because i pre-ordered another game off of the service. for the last five years i have been a 360 guy. i have since switched to ONLIVE. i Have been trying to shed some light on this service.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CptBedlam said:

@greyhawk: Also, your viral marketing attempt is lame.

Well the OP is kind of a blatant advertisement, but your post is not the truth. As Giantbomb has covered services like The New Xbox Experience and Playstation store front. Just to name a few services they covered.

greyhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By greyhawk

o.k. does sound like i am pitching the service, but how does one spread the word about something, and it not sounding like an advertisement? just trying to open eyes, and minds.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By vaiz

I actually kinda like OnLive. I expected the service to totally fail because VIDYA GAMES STREAMING WHAAAT seemed far fetched as fuck in 2009. But nope, it actually works pretty decent. That said, there are no games on Onlive that aren't on proper consoles, which means it's very unlikely they would ever have any video coverage. There is always the possibility for an editorial, I guess, but as said above, that seems more like Tested territory. Examing how the service works and all that technical shit.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#17  Edited By elyk247

Who cares? I play games, and I hate subscriptions. Most people agree with me.(i.e. the casual consumer)

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By BaneFireLord

The mobile app actually has me kind of excited. If more games get optimized for touch, a Kindle Fire will start looking like a mighty appealing purchase. 

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Dagbiker
@BaneFireLord
The mobile app actually has me kind of excited. If more games get optimized for touch, a Kindle Fire will start looking like a mighty appealing purchase. 
But they are not optimised for touch.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By ProfessorEss

I don't see On Live getting much buzz until it does something unique.  
For the time being it's just the latest thing to service an already over-serviced need.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By BaneFireLord
@Dagbiker said:
@BaneFireLord
But they are not optimised for touch.
And that's why I said "if more games get optimized." Currently, they have about 25 (only about three are actually worth it).
greyhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By greyhawk

there is a lot of misinformation out there. the mobile app just launched like 2 weeks ago. onlive has over 25 games right now optimised for touch including, bastion,braid. and soon l.a. noire. there is no subscription fee for the service. the service is free.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By laserbolts

Touch gaming is fucking dumb.

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ma_rc_01

You know he is right, OnLive™ is an awesome service, I enjoy it with an ice cold Coca-Cola™

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By h0lgr

Could you be any more obvious?
Don't come in here pretending you aren't hired to market this shit.

nobel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nobel

@greyhawk said:

o.k. does sound like i am pitching the service, but how does one spread the word about something, and it not sounding like an advertisement? just trying to open eyes, and minds.

Great, thanks.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ghost_cat

I don't like subscriptions, I don't like renting, and I don't like digital copies. Besides, I like collecting box art and physical discs, so Onlive is uninteresting to me.