Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BoxBoy!

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 15, 2015

Box Boy! is a puzzle game on the 3DS eShop from HAL Labs; players control a "box boy" who must reach the exit door by using boxes to traverse dangerous environments.

This game is clever fun

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

Whoa, this game is cool as hell! It's only $5, and has around 150 levels. I'm just about halfway through it, and I love it so far. It's a puzzle platformer where you can create platforms out of your body. You can make Tetris shapes and more with the blocks you... excrete from your body. You can use them to make platforms, push switches, or zip around to areas you couldn't normally jump to. The difficulty has a slow ramp, but many of the puzzles require some interesting solutions, especially for the collectibles. Well worth $5, I'd say.

Is anyone else playing this?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

It's okay so far (I'm up to World 5). I think the interface and controls could be better. Basically, it feels a lot like Blocks that Matter, except not quite as good.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great game to pick up and waste a few minutes with. Not particularly challenging (yet), but it sure is relaxing.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Quantris

Definitely lots of fun. There are some cool challenges near the end (I haven't done everything yet either). They are pretty easygoing with the challenge collectibles, as nearly none of them require you to be particularly efficient (they will disappear after creating a specified number of blocks but that limit is very generous in the lion's share of the game). Basically you'll be "perfect-clearing" every level. I was pleasantly surprised at how many levels and mechanics they threw in though. For $5 it's hard to not recommend it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@quantris: The levels that unlock after the ending are, by far, the best parts of the game.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quantris: The levels that unlock after the ending are, by far, the best parts of the game.

Agreed, just finished them. There were definitely some that stymied me for a good 10ish minutes before I figured out a viable approach. Also one that I did with 0 blocks (sadly nothing special happened).

I still have a bunch of the challenge levels (score / time) that I haven't tried but so far those are a bit less interesting to me.

But yeah, they definitely found some interesting stuff to do with a fairly simple mechanic. Hope there's a sequel (or even better, a pseudo-sequel with a different mechanic but similar "feel") cause I definitely enjoyed this one thoroughly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.