So there making a new Cossacks game!

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Well this came as a nice surprise, one of the RTS games I played to death as a kid is getting a third sequel. Eurogamer with the details:

Surprise! The next game from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. developer GSC Game World is not a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but a new Cossacks.

GSC Game World had been thought dead and buried, with Vostok Games, the studio that formed when GSC collapsed, picking up the mantle with thematic successor Survarium.

But it's been working on Cossacks 3 in secret for a year-and-a-half, and the game is due out at some point during the fourth quarter of 2015 for Windows PC, Mac OS and Linux.

Cossacks 3, set in Europe during the 17th and 18th centuries, is described as a modern remake of the 2001 real-time strategy original. Remember that? Eurogamer reviewed Cossacks: European Wars 14 years ago and gave it 8/10. Ah, review scores. Those were the days.

Cossacks 3 features armies that include thousands of warriors, with 10,000 units on the map at once, and, as you'd expect, there's construction and production of resources. There are five single-player campaigns and 12 playable nations.

Screenshots are below.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cossacks and Age of Empire were two games I played constantly on PC, very interested to see how this turns out.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Looks cool, never heard of this franchise though. Honestly i thought this was a game about the Gang, thought someone was capitalizing on the recent news.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ooooh, very interesting indeed.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By T_wester

Great news, last time I tried to play Cossacks ran I into some annoying compatibility issues.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Quite a time for them to announce a new Cossacks game. O____O

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

AWESOME

Also, I'm usually never this dude, but... it's "They're making a new Cossacks game" not "There making a..."

Anywhooo... Cossacks!

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What a twist. I always loved some Cossacks although as an idiot teen I played it on maximum speed not knowing there were options so the micromanagement was extremely tough.