Cyberpunk 2077 digital release & preload times

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Seems like there's a lot of street date breaking going on with physical copies (big shock), but here's the digital release and preload times for the curious.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Preordered it on the Series X and just checked and it started updating for the preload. Just under 60gb for me.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is the longest I have ever waited for a game. I remember watching the teaser trailer for the first time in 2013, and it's hard to believe that, after soooo many delays, it's only a week away. Can't wait to finally dive into this game.

arbayer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

I had just started college in game design when the teaser trailer for this was announced and subsequently within a couple of months Star Citizen began providing access to backer content.

Fast forward eight years - I'm in the military, have my first apartment and car and no longer live in the same state. Star Citizen is still half-finished and this game's arriving at last.

I'm pretty excited for this thing. I'm a sucker for cyberpunk/modern urban settings and robust character creators in games (ah, APB Reloaded, before the P2W) and am a big FPRPG sort of guy so it's been a long time coming. The success of The Witcher 3 is pretty buoying as well, as are the early reviews so far.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FacelessVixen

I guess I can ask for a refund if the recommendations chart was for 30 frames.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

@facelessvixen: Most signs are pointing to those targets being for 30. Why not just come out and say 60 if it was possible? The only card left in the sleeve is DLSS. Hoping for a similar case with Watch Dogs Legion where the DLSS performance mode could net you near 50% performance gains with RTX effects. I don't mind futzing with some RT stuff to get a close 60fps at 1440p so I can play this on my big TV otherwise it's going to have to be the spare 1080p g-sync monitor time for me.

Glad to see this launch finally looking real though and that PC players get a mild headstart.

pearsonpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s going to be tough but I’m going to try to wait a week for the first layer of kinks to get ironed out

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I... it’s practically installed on my Xbox. It’s just... it’s there. It’s fucking there.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone hear anything about the review embargo?

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flatblack: I think I read that one outlet said Monday? It'll be interesting though. From the leaks, the game is janky as fuck without the day 1 patch, so I'm wondering what the build reviewers are playing is like.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacksmedulla: I’d imagine those builds would have the “day 1 patch” which isn’t exactly a launch day patch. It’s practically the entire game that they’re replacing the versions on those printed discs with.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie: That's what I figured. I'm pretty sure big patches have to make cert on the consoles, so it would theoretically have to be completed early for that and could have been pushed out to reviewers already? Regardless, this game is coming in scorching hot, and although I'm still extremely excited for it, I have no doubt it's going to be pretty busted in some areas.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie@jacksmedulla That's kind of what's keeping me from just preordering now and preinstalling. If I'm honest with myself I know I'm gunna play this game, but before I drop the $60 on it I kinda want to see some final reviews.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I'm honest with myself I know I'm gunna play this game, but before I drop the $60 on it I kinda want to see some final reviews.

This is the rare game I don't want tainted by other people's impressions before I play it for myself. I'm on complete preview/review blackout, which is something I basically never do anymore.

Could be complete shit, but I'll pay $60 to take the risk. Hopefully the inevitable early technical issues aren't game breaking.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By flatblack

@frytup: yeah fair enough. I've never cared that much about spoilers myself but I see the rationale

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flatblack: @frytup: I'm with @frytup here. I've been waiting for this game for the better part of a decade, and the Witchers 2 and 3 are some of my favorite games of all time. Also, there just really aren't that many large scale Cyberpunk games out there, let alone large scale Cyberpunk rpgs. So, this game could, and likely will be, rough, but I'm going in knowing that and will not feel like I was duped for dropping my money on it early. I'm playing this as soon as it's available at 4pm on Wednesday, and I am eagerly and impatiently waiting for it. I just wish I could've managed to score a Collector's Edition of the PC version before it sold out.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacksmedulla:

@frytup said:
@flatblack said:

If I'm honest with myself I know I'm gunna play this game, but before I drop the $60 on it I kinda want to see some final reviews.

This is the rare game I don't want tainted by other people's impressions before I play it for myself. I'm on complete preview/review blackout, which is something I basically never do anymore.

Could be complete shit, but I'll pay $60 to take the risk. Hopefully the inevitable early technical issues aren't game breaking.

Definitely agree. I just don't see anyone else hitting for the fences as hard as CDPR is with this game, for good or for bad from all the labor issues, etc, so I'm willing to take a chance after my enjoyment with Witcher 2 and 3. Like who else out there would put in this kind of effort for this type of game? Rockstar may be masters of incredible detail in their open worlds but they put profit over all else more than most other studios.

Cyberpunk just has that dedicated, work of love feel to the detail of their dystopic sandbox. Fingers crossed it all comes together, guys.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie said:

@facelessvixen: Most signs are pointing to those targets being for 30. Why not just come out and say 60 if it was possible? The only card left in the sleeve is DLSS. Hoping for a similar case with Watch Dogs Legion where the DLSS performance mode could net you near 50% performance gains with RTX effects. I don't mind futzing with some RT stuff to get a close 60fps at 1440p so I can play this on my big TV otherwise it's going to have to be the spare 1080p g-sync monitor time for me.

Glad to see this launch finally looking real though and that PC players get a mild headstart.

1440p/60 with some rasterization settings not at ultra, RT reflections, and DLSS: I'm okay with that since those are basically my settings for modern Ubisoft titles and Control.

Same settings but only getting 30 frames: Deal breaker; not because upgrading to high-end hardware has made me too snobbish since sub-60 on consoles (at least 8th gen systems and older) is presentable/tolerable because the frame pacing is convincing enough for me to not perceive the performance as being a slide show, but 30 on PC looks like frames are missing and character movements are very jittery. ...that, or my perceived differences are placebo and I'm just showing my biases.

Either way, I'll most likely wait for the Digital Foundry analysis. I doubt that CDPR would only make 1440p/60 possible if you heavily compromise on the visuals, but I'll need to see the receipts on this one since CDPR has been so cagey about it.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really glad I waited on those reviews. Definitely going to hold off for a couple patches and maybe a sale.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By frytup

The thread with people saying they're deliberately ignoring reviews is probably not the best place to post your reaction to reviews.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this game over 100 gigs when most of my PS5 games are below 50?