Should i just play this on ps3 or is pc alot better?

bcooper21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi guys I just finished off demon souls first time plaything these games. I already have dark souls 1 and 2 on ps3 I got them a year or so ago just never got to them with my backlog. Thing is when I got them they were not on pc at the time so im wondering should I spend more money and get them on pc or is there no difference.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cubidog1

I've been Dark Souls on pc over the last month and found the community is not as plentiful as it once was. It is a bit hard to find summons in some areas. I can't imagine the ps3 community would be larger. Overall I don't think there would be much of a difference. I would just save the money and play both on ps3 unless you find them on a good sale on steam.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

The PS3 version is better. The PC version of the first game is fucked in a myriad of ways. The second game is worth getting on PC once the new version comes out.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC with dsfix looks way better

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The normal PC version is just the PS3 version but on PC, but if you download dsfix then you get Dark Souls that doesn't run like shit or look like shit. Much better experience.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

PC. Just download the DSfix thing.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You already have it on PS3 so stick with it, it's more then good enough.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

eh having played both I dunno if the PC version is worth paying for. PC version with dsfix is better but I played and enjoyed DS on PS3 a hell of a lot.

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have a computer that can run DS at 60fps, then do it. Just have to tweak it with dsfix to make it stable. PC all the way

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

DS1 on PS3 is totally fine, DS2 makes me sad that I bought it on PS3 because it looks fantastic on PC.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd say play Dark Souls on the PS3, and wait for the new version of Dark Souls 2 to land before getting the PC version of it. There's exclusive content that's probably worth waiting for.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, you already own it on PS3, duder.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

If you reallllyyyy need it to run smoother then yeah get it, it's cheap and DSFix is awesome. But it's fine on PS3.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

@corevi said:

The PS3 version is better. The PC version of the first game is fucked in a myriad of ways. The second game is worth getting on PC once the new version comes out.

You can fix all of the problems with the PC version and all it takes is dropping a few files into the game's directory and editing an .ini. It can all be done in about a minute if you know what you're doing and it won't take long to look up a tutorial if you're not sure. Basically, if you can perform a Google search, you can fix the PC version of Dark Souls 1. Just download DSFix.

If you have a capable PC, there is absolutely no reason to play Dark Souls 2 on anything but.