Doors of Pharos

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I'm nearing the end of the game and am taking time to go over the area's again. There are so many of them, I actually don't know which one goes over to which and such. It's useful for figuring out how I want to do my second playthrough. I definitely want a nice weapon a lot earlier though. Been using the Fire Longsword for at least 70% of the game until I got a Blacksteel Katana drop.

Anyway, one area I'm also revisiting is Doors of Pharos. Now, am I missing something or is it just an area for the Rat covenant and invasions? There is nothing of value there as far as I can tell? So if I'm not interested in PvP (at least not constantly), there is no point to be there right? I know you can grind Lockstones there, but besides that?

Just making sure I'm not missing something cool.

Cpn_Howdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Yeah there's an optional boss back there if you do a bit of exploring. I don't remember having to use any lockstones to get to it, but I can't remember for sure.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

There's a boss, and some items, but the path ends there. It's a PvP area, basically.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By musubi

@sunbrozak: Yeah quite a few of those I noticed. Almost all of them guarded by bosses too.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so yea, fuck that area. Also the door with three sections, you can go inside if you just open the bottom one. DON'T OPEN ALL THREE SECTIONS LIKE ME!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pyrodactyl

I got my sweat axethatkillseverything there. That thing rips into any enemy or boss that isn't heavily armored with A scaling in strength. I love it.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my sweat axethatkillseverything and got it to +10 there so shut your mouth. That think rips into any enemy or boss that isn't heavily armored with A scaling in strength. I love it.

Dude's right, there are some pretty sweet drops to be had there, but fuck that stupid rat covenant.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

So, I had what I assume is a glitch here. All the item and chest spawns reset on me and the rooms I had opened with Lockstones were closed again. I don't mind so much, because a bunch of the items that respawned were upgrade items.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The only boss I can not solo in this game (so far) is in this area. That damn giant rat dog. I hate that thing.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sterling said:

The only boss I can not solo in this game (so far) is in this area. That damn giant rat dog. I hate that thing.

I had trouble with him as well, until I figured that just staying underneath him made it very easy to dodge most of his attacks.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@shinjin977: If you turn off the PS3 quickly you can save those lockstones.

@sterling: You just have to be super aggressive with the Rats, after that it's pretty easy but his hitbox is weird so sometimes you'll get hit even if you're not close to where you think he's going. That bodycheck move is pretty amazing though, truly an act of authority.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lockstones make the area harder. It's a rat covenant thing....basically you just unlock traps . There're items, but it's not really worth the price of a lockstone.

So basically, only use them if you are part of the covenant.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Sterling

@cale: I can't even get under him long enough to attack. He jumps away as soon as I get there. I should probably try without lock on.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@cale said:

@sterling said:

I had trouble with him as well, until I figured that just staying underneath him made it very easy to dodge most of his attacks.

Yeah, its basically the Sif fight all over again. I just beat him on my 2nd try. Warning to the wise he vomits acid that will break your gear when you get him to 10% health. He broke nearly 20k worth of stuff for me the bastard.