Getting a summon for the Belfry Gargoyles

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I'm looking for a summon to help me with the above bosses, but there never seems to be anyone around to call on. Has anyone else noticed this? I have tried joining the convent but still nothing.

Is there a problem with this area - I am waiting by the fog door- should i try the Bonfire? (the nearest one is in The Bastile so it seems inappropriate)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You have to summon from inside the Belfry area (i.e. under threat of invasion) and there might be a player limit (so if you get invaded by 3 grey phantoms you might be only able to summon one or no white phantoms); not sure about that though.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Yeah, maybe people don't like hanging around it that area cos they keep getting invaded.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Yup, summons are very rare in that area unfortunately, and because the Belfry is technically a different area, you can't summon someone in the Servants Quarters and then head to the gargoyles thatta way, either. It frankly makes combating the belfry covenant extremely unfair because it often results in a 2+NPCs vs 1 bout, especially if you're simply trying to reach the gargoyle boss fight.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought about helping people with that boss fight, but then I remembered that I had to enter that area and, for someone that sucks at PvP, I wasn't thrilled to do it. Not sure what SL you are, I think I'm around 73 or74 so even if I did go there I might be too high level.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By leebmx

@yummylee: Oh well. I might head of elsewhere until I level up a bit or something .Really getting bored of my weapon (+10 Fire Longsword) at the moment, so maybe i'll return when I feel more enthused by what I am packing.Really need to find someone who will do some enchanting, maybe I need to get an Ember for that McDuff guy.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leebmx: Yeah, McDuff is the guy for enchanting elements. The ember he wants is in Iron Keep.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ThunderSlash

I tried helping people with the gargoyles one time. Placed my summon sign right before the door next to the dwarf guy and ran back to the bonfire room. Every time I get summoned the host is either already dead or all they want to do is fight Bellbros.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By leebmx

I tried helping people with the gargoyles one time. Placed my summon sign right before the door next to the dwarf guy and ran back to the bonfire room. Every time I get summoned the host is either already dead or all they want to do is fight Bellbros.

Yup its a real bad scene. It would have to be the one fight which could really use a helping hand as you end up getting swamped by a whole mob. Its almost like they did it on purpose.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regarding the gargoyles, strike weapons work really well on the account that they're stone. So, for example, fully upgrading a mace will do wonders, and that should help you be able to dish out enough damage to simmer the numbers down so you're not potentially swarmed with +3 gargoyles. Also, flame swathe. Never leave Majula without it... if possible.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's a SL limit for summoning again, right? Because if there isn't, I'll put my soapstone just past the fog wall, on the bridge in about two hours.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

You can safely wait in the room right before the bridge that leads to the Luna door. You can see the summon signs on the bridge safely as the Bell covenant can't invade you there. As soon as you step onto the bridge you are in their territory.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can only players around your soul level summon you? I generally wait around fog doors helping others with the boss battles. I have a fairly high SL (~120) but I usually get summoned within a minute (if not much less) for most boss encounters except for the gargoyles. I can sit around for ages and never be summoned.

Sometimes I get a message saying that my summon sign has disappeared. When this happens I can't put it back down for a while. My initial guess was this is because I am being invaded by a grey phantom but it is not really consistent.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Wow, I got really lucky then. I went it and found a summon right away and beat the gargoyles. I had technically beaten the gargoyles on my first attempt solo, but got a mutal last hit and we both died, with ties going to the CPU. I was too angry to try again without help

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skyrider

Getting summons to help with the gargoyles can be quite hard, especially since players might happen upon the area at vastly different levels. Invasion is an issue as well, since not even members of the Bell Keepers can avoid being invaded when in the Belfry. Eventually I just forced myself to solo the fight, which isn't so bad as long as you keep moving and make full use of the space you have (Granted I came back to beat it when my soul level was in the mid seventies, I think)