My Dark Souls 2 Shenanigans Video

kalnet101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty much using the 'Black Knight 2000' theme as an excuse to make the video. Hope you guys like it. ^_^

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I might have made some people cringe early this morning when I fought The Smelter Demon with firebombs, witching urns, and those other more power firebombs. My fire resistance was too low to go in and start swinging at it without dying. That's what I get for having a pure melee character. The firebombing was successful on 3 of the 5 attempts. On two of those three successful attempts, my firebomb made the finishing blow. PRAISE THE SUN!

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By mrbubbles

I think I might have made some people cringe early this morning when I fought The Smelter Demon with firebombs, witching urns, and those other more power firebombs. My fire resistance was too low to go in and start swinging at it without dying. That's what I get for having a pure melee character. The firebombing was successful on 3 of the 5 attempts. On two of those three successful attempts, my firebomb made the finishing blow. PRAISE THE SUN!

If you are a strength character you could have gone to the doors of pharros and done a little bit of grinding and gotten a gyrm greatshield which blocks 100% physical and fire damage. That's what I did and it made that fight a whole lot easier especially with the NPC that you can summon before the fight. I used that shield for the rest of the game too.

RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubberbabybuggybumpers said:

If you are a strength character you could have gone to the doors of pharros and done a little bit of grinding and gotten a gyrm greatshield which blocks 100% physical and fire damage. That's what I did and it made that fight a whole lot easier especially with the NPC that you can summon before the fight. I used that shield for the rest of the game too.

I had no idea that was there. If I liked The Iron Keep enough to keep going through the bullshit there, I'd go get it. Lucatiel of Mirrah is awesome.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrbubbles

@mrbubbles said:

I had no idea that was there. If I liked The Iron Keep enough to keep going through the bullshit there, I'd go get it. Lucatiel of Mirrah is awesome.

Yeah, Lucatiel just tanks the damage at all stages of the smelter demon giving you a good opportunity to do some serious DPS or back off and heal. Fun fact, you HAVE to kill the next boss in the Iron Keep because he has one of the four great souls you need. :D summoning someone to help in that fight (mostly as a distraction for the boss) helps.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Lucatiel just tanks the damage at all stages of the smelter demon giving you a good opportunity to do some serious DPS or back off and heal. Fun fact, you HAVE to kill the next boss in the Iron Keep because he has one of the four great souls you need. :D summoning someone to help in that fight (mostly as a distraction for the boss) helps.

Nah, he is pretty predictable actually. Once you learn his patterns he is quite easy to beat alone, actually I would say he is one of the easier bosses. Definitely the easiest of the "lord soul" bosses anyway.

RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrbubbles said:

The Old Iron Keep King is easy. I'm glad, too, because the whole area really sucks. The boss I'm currently stuck on, as a melee fighter, is the frog looking thing in The Shrine of Amana.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrbubbles

@rubberbabybuggybumpers: @karkarov: yeah looking back on him now he probably is very soloable. If I had to be hollowed he probably wouldn't have been difficult because you're right his pattern is pretty easy to avoid. I just brought up summoning because that's how I always fought him. I never got the chance to try him solo.

Yeah the frog guy gave me a hard time too, what kept getting me were the silly mistakes I'd make because for the most part his attacks aren't hard to deal with. One thing I learned about him was that the moment he goes into his body slam animation I would turn off my lock-on and move which made avoiding it REALLY easy. My strategy for him was to stick really close to him on his left side (he can't really hit you there for the most part) and whenever he would do the sweep attack I would have my shield up to absorb it. And be patient, wait for him to stop attacking and then hit him like 2-3 times before his head goes back into his armor/body thing.

RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up cheesing it with a +5 bow, fire arrows, and iron arrows. I had a friend helping out as well. Demon of Song went down in less than 2 minutes.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I didn't want to make a "spam thread" and by no means do I want to steal the thunder here but just saw this video and thought it was brilliant.

Had no idea where to post it so here it is.

Loading Video...

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^funny stuff! That ancient dragon shot is hilarious.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@humanity: *nodnod* Now that was fun.

Made me think again about just how big DS2 is.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@humanity: *nodnod* Now that was fun.

Made me think again about just how big DS2 is.

I love the one where the Pursuer is clearly lunging at him in the background. I mean it's such a simple idea but what a pain to make. One playthrough, even when you know what you're doing, will take like 3 hours unless you're REALLY speedrunning it and he was following the NPC storylines too.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That video was awesome, thanks for the share @humanity! I especially liked the part where Vengarl was right on him coming down with both swords at once.

RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanna know a terrible/great way to troll a person during the fight against the spider? Cast that one healing spell just as Freja is about to die and watch its health rise. A friend of mine had good intentions about it and didn't realized it'd also heal the boss. In the end, we both jumped from the ledge because both of its heads were cut off, and we couldn't damage it anymore.