Deciding on the name or the actual object?

wholemeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By wholemeal

What takes precedence when you link in an article to another page. The name of the said object or the object itself. 
For instance, the Dead Space 2's Hand Cannon is the name for a giant novelty red hand Issac gets after beating the game in Hardcore mode. If i want to link the name Hand Cannon int he article should it go to the page Hand Cannon which is basically an actual cannon that is small and hand-able (i suppose) or should i make a new page called the Hand Cannon and refers to an entirely different object page but specific to Dead Space 2? Or should i just not link it.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xMP44x

I think you need to make another page for it. It's not the same 'Hand Cannon' type as the others, so it needs a page. We have a separate page for Colonel Autumn's 10mm Pistol in Fallout 3, rather than an extra section on a 10mm Pistol page. Weirdly, we don't have a 10mm Pistol page though. Likely a minor oversight, but use that as an example in this scenario.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#3  Edited By Brackynews

Yes, unique and generic objects can have the same name but as different pages.
@Wholemeal:  Hailinel has made the page already, but it does need an image to help distinguish it. That's the main issue, if the thumbnail isn't clear about which is which, the wrong pages get attached all the time.