Delete: SNK Boss Syndrome

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder
I'll admit that I'm not very knowledgeable about fighting games, so this concept might mean more to fans of the genre. Regardless; this page seems very nebulous, describing a whole group of traits but never pinpointing anything specific. Some parts seem like they could work as individual concept pages, such as "Screen-filling Super Moves"; but as it stands, this page just comes across as being extremely confusing. 

Also, I have an objection with the name; it seems very much like something from TV tropes, named after a specific proper noun, without any description of what the concept actually entails.

Perhaps this would just be better off as a list?
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

I'm pretty sure this describes bosses that are actually programmed to read your moves as you do them, or even predict your moves before you do them. That makes them incredibly difficult, and SNK is notorious for implementing that sort of AI. I think it's fine as is, since it describes boss difficulty fairly objectively, and has defined characteristics.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

As the page's creator, I did not write the bulk of the article's text.  However, I gave it that title because I have actually seen "SNK Boss Syndrome" used in conversations in the past.  Heck, just do a Google search on the term and you'll see a bunch of results pop up immediately.  The Giant Bomb wiki entry isn't even the first result.

What the article text describes and what he page is meant to associate with are fighting game boss characters of a specific design that are categorically designed to destroy the player.  Bosses with features such as abnormally high attack priority, super attacks that are nearly impossible to avoid or defend against, and button-reading AI designed to counter everything that the player throws at it.

marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#4  Edited By marino  Staff

Seems okay to me. As long as someone who knows alot about it monitors what people are putting on there to make sure it is correct.