Submission Rejected.....Puzzled??

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RobDaFunk

So i'm exited about Saboteur due out next year.  I check the wiki page and is pretty much empty, i surf the net for as much info as i can on the game, there isn't much, its not out til next year ;).  So i sourced all the material, took the info and put into a write up.

I was rejected due to "It's like you took that from another site", which is fair enough but where else are we ment to get info on a game that isn't coming out til most likely the end of 2009.  I took info from 5 or 6 sources and condensed it into 1 article which is far better than the non-discriptive write-up on there at the moment.

No one has played this game, nor maybe even seen it running Live so how are we supposed to write-up WITHOUT using various bits of info found over the net.

Little rant over....:)

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Clean

Just use your own words next time

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Axersia

Yes, if you directly copy -paste from another site, it will get rejected. It doesn't matter if you source the material. But if you put it into your own words, it's OK.

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RobDaFunk

I DID use my own words, I read all the source stuff and then wrote my own interpretation of it....what else can i do??

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Axersia

In that case, it probably should've gone through.

I know at least Brad said it's OK to put existing articles into your own words. But if "putting into your own words" means just swapping out some words and I still get Wikipedia results when I Google a quote from it, then that obviously isn't enough change.

Depending on what content you adapted it from though, rejecting it may have been justified. I don't know, because I wasn't the one who rejected it.

Avatar image for deactivated-62fae2132a6ff
deactivated-62fae2132a6ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I’ve just looked at the submission in question, and no. You did not use your own words. You copy and pasted paragraphs from teamxbox.com, cinemablend.com and other sites. You did NOT reword them in the slightest as the search provides me with a direct comparison.

You know we have a strict plagiarism rule and yet you rant when you are found guilty of it?

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RobDaFunk

no problem, just a miffed i spent a couple of hours preparing a write up for a game i can't wait for and thought its page deserved more.

i've resummitted it, it might get ok'ed, its not like its worth loads of points to me, just wanted to get a write up, up on the site.

thanks for the info Axersia

Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AmericanPegasus

That might have been me. It probably said "Why it almost looks like that copy and pasted from another site".

In that case, I check multiple parts of the article, all came up with hits on other gaming sites, I think one even came up on GS of all places.