Destiny 2 is now a Strand Game!

Axl159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Axl159

The new Lightfall expansion will make Destiny a strand game mixed with space spiderman. Anyone excited? Wanting to start playing?

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfoeZLp5A7k

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 24

Yours truly once thought that Strand genre was just a new way to sum up loot shooter. It's only fair that a loot shooter would embrace the branding.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What the hell is a strand game

heavyweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It’s about slamming a Monster taking a shit and a shower then making some infrastructure.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The trailer looks pretty good and it reminds me of the Halo series.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By FacelessVixen

I mean, I've moved on after Bungie announced that they were vaulting old content, and haven't been inclined to spend 70 more dollars on the game for Beyond Light and Witch Queen when I've already spent around $100 on the game and those first expansions when it was on Battle.net, but okay.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@sombre said:

What the hell is a strand game

It is the only word in The Devil’s Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce that was not put there for humor or irony but rather as a stark warning that we still give Hideo Kojima far too much credit for making terrible game.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ll_Exile_ll
@facelessvixen said:

I mean, I've moved on after Bungie announced that they were vaulting old content, and haven't been inclined to spend 70 more dollars on the game for Beyond Light and Witch Queen when I've already spent around $100 on the game and those first expansions when it was on Battle.net, but okay.

They did at least announce that they will not be vaulting any more expansions. So, the expansions that are still in the game will remain so indefinitely (everything from Shadowkeep forward). It definitely still really sucks that anything was removed, but at least it won't get worse. I still hope they are going to work to bring the vaulted content back into the game, but who knows whether that will happen.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By AV_Gamer

@facelessvixen said:

They did at least announce that they will not be vaulting any more expansions. So, the expansions that are still in the game will remain so indefinitely (everything from Shadowkeep forward). It definitely still really sucks that anything was removed, but at least it won't get worse. I still hope they are going to work to bring the vaulted content back into the game, but who knows whether that will happen.

Well the official canon storyline is that The Witness (the main Big Bad of Destiny 2) removed those other areas from the game, trying to destroy The Traveler, but was deceived. I don't know if you played The Witch Queen, so I won't spoil everything. The point being, if they do decide to bring back the other content, they could use defeating it in this latest expansion as an excuse to do so. Like Jeff Gerstmann said when the reveal happened on Twitch, based on what they are now doing, it doesn't make sense to keep calling the game Destiny 2, they should drop the 2 and just call it Destiny, and then blend both games together while releasing new stuff.