Free next gen upgrade with last gen digital purchase.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

You can even still access your last-gen version after the upgrade and character saves are cross gen compatible.

It seems a little too good to be true (especially for activision), but I've been carefully parsing over that FAQ and it doesn't seem like there's a catch. Seeing as I was going to buy the digital PS4 version anyway this seems like a no-brainer, but maybe I'm missing something?

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd love to buy the digital version of this game (and others) but it costs £85.00 for the digital guarding edition whereas in USA it costs $90. The site doesn't list the price of the standard digital version but I imagine it'd be similar in price (for example, Diablo 3 digital was £60 compared to $60 in US).

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

That's cool for people who are planning on getting a PS4 with Bloodborne or an Xbone with Sunset Overdrive.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

So if I buy the Xbox360 version I can get a free copy of the Xbox One version and play them both?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

smeffw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By smeffw

Does it work the other way around? If I already bought the Xbox One version will I get it for free on the Xbox 360?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smeffw: As far as I can tell it's only for last gen purchases.

smeffw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that sucks. There's probably no way to get a refund now is there? Since I already have it pre-downloaded.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smeffw said:

Well that sucks. There's probably no way to get a refund now is there? Since I already have it pre-downloaded.

You could try contacting customer service, but I probably wouldn't get my hopes up.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Nodima

So essentially, assuming this game is fantastic and highly addictive (or just in the name of ensuring one has a way to play the game) if you still own your PS3 it's pretty much a no brainer to buy the PS3 version, right? If PS4s randomly start to die or I ever found myself in a different living situation where the PS3 and PS4 are in separate rooms on comparable televisions, I'd want to have taken advantage of this because why not?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

So essentially, assuming this game is fantastic and highly addictive (or just in the name of ensuring one has a way to play the game) if you still own your PS3 it's pretty much a no brainer to buy the PS3 version, right? If PS4s randomly start to die or I ever found myself in a different living situation where the PS3 and PS4 are in separate rooms on comparable televisions, I'd want to have taken advantage of this because why not?

Unless you want a physical collector's edition for PS4 (good luck finding one) then yes, there is absolutely no reason not to.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is going to be great for my friend who doesn't have a PS4 yet. Told him about it already and he said he's waiting for the PC release that is suppose to come out in a couple months. Yes really.

mpdebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had preloaded the game on Xbox1, so when I saw this news I call customer support and cancelled the purchase. There was no issue at all. Now I'll buy it day one on 360 and get both versions! Has anyone seen a deal like this before?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Corevi
@mpdebo said:

Has anyone seen a deal like this before?

I know some games on PS4 allow you to do a digital upgrade for $10 but never free. No clue about Xbone.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@mpdebo said:

I had preloaded the game on Xbox1, so when I saw this news I call customer support and cancelled the purchase. There was no issue at all. Now I'll buy it day one on 360 and get both versions! Has anyone seen a deal like this before?

I mean there's some cross buy stuff with PS3 to Vita to PS4, none of it was 60 dollars as far as I know

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@somedelicook said:

@mpdebo said:

I mean there's some cross buy stuff with PS3 to Vita to PS4, none of it was 60 dollars as far as I know

Was about to say the same thing, this is essentially cross buy. Also, if I recall Playstation All Stars was cross buy and that was a full retail game, as was Sly Cooper Thieves in Time I believe.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By amp_1986

Do we know if this works with the Guardian Edition? If I buy that version digitally for the PS3 will I get access to all that content for the PS4? I was planning on only playing it on PS4 but if I can get access to everything on both systems I might as well buy the Digital Guardian Edition.

Edit: Checked the link looks like the answer is yes.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Am I not going to be able to pre-load on PS4? I bought the game on PS3 but didn't download it because I don't really plan on playing the game on PS3 unless something horrible happens to my PS4 and my HDD is pretty much full. The site says all you have to do is go onto the PS4 store and download the same product you pre-ordered but I tried immediately and an hour later, both times it's still listing the game for $60 and asking to charge me for it.

Avatar image for captainkamikaze
CaptainKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't going to go pick up this until Christmas, because I don't have access to my PS4 for the moment, but this deal pushed me towards picking it up tomorrow on PS3. I sure do hope Gamestop have it in stock tomorrow.

Monty344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainkamikaze: You have to buy it digitally. I don't think disc version counts.

Avatar image for captainkamikaze
CaptainKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monty344: Oh really? Man you just saved me there. Thanks! I thought the disc version would come with a code as well! Thanks buddy!

Outrager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone tried using xbox.com to get the free XBox One copy or does it only work on a physical console?

I have an XBox360 only and probably won't get a XBox One until after the promo is over.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone tried this yet? About to grab my free last gen version now.

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By eternalshades

@brich: it only works one way, last gen -> current gen.

also they added this to the faq:

Q. If I pre-ordered the PlayStation®3 digital version, when will my PlayStation®4 digital version of Destiny be available?

The PlayStation®4 digital upgrade will be available to you as close to launch as possible. We anticipate the PlayStation®4 version will be ready for you by Wednesday 9/10 at 6pm PDT, but please check back here for updates. Unfortunately, the PlayStation®4 upgrade will NOT be available for pre-order or pre-load.

mpdebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded both my Xbox copies. Too easy. If only more game did this

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By TheHT

Fuck. I think I'm gonna buy Destiny now.

If I don't have a PS4 before Jan 15, 2015, how would I get the PS4 version tied to my account? Can I purchase it from the PSN store on my PS3 or what?

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wasn't gonna get this game until a price drop or until I finally caved in and bought an Xbox One but now I'm highly considering it.

So if I buy the Xbox360 version I can get a free copy of the Xbox One version and play them both?

Based on what I read on the game's page on the Xbox 360 it says that the offer is valid until 1/15/15. I'm pretty sure this only applies to the digital download version. I doubt if you buy a retail disk you'll be granted a free copy of the X1 version.

I would just like to know if this means if I can still claim my free Xbox One copy after Jan 15th even if I were to buy the digital download of the 360 version.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know how long the offers good for? Not going to have the extra cash for the £50 digital purchase for a few weeks but I'll be grabbing a PS4 around christmas, will I be okay holding off?

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wampa1:

When you buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game, Digital Guardian Edition, or Expansion Pass on or before January 15th, 2015

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade