Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Hey folks,

So I continue to play Destiny and I think I'm enjoying it. Like many of you, I've put in way more hours than I ever thought I would into this game and it's far from perfect but keeps me coming back. So I have a question regarding raid and nightfall content. Being lvl 26 Warlock at the moment, I've started to consider the later game content and due to the fact that most of my friends who've played Destiny have either stopped playing entirely or play so infrequent that getting a big group together to play through a raid or nightfall mission (or the Vault of Glass thing) is almost impossible. I've read about the LFG sites for Destiny and was wondering how successful these have been for anyone who might have tried them out.

While I understand Bungies attitude towards matchmaking for the raid content (especially in regards to hard versions of raids which require perfect teamwork) but it would be nice to at least be given the option. It's a shame to because it feels like I miss out on specific areas of content that can be of benefit to me in regards to upgrading my legendary weapons/armour and whatnot. I had hoped the GB clan would be a good place but it appears that those clans aren't active at all now which is a shame.

So does anyone have any tips on finding a good way to play the raids and later game content. I probably will check out the LFG group sites for Destiny to see if it works out though I'll wait till I reach lvl 30 as most who advertise on those sites seem to be lvl 30.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

I just play the PvP man. You do what you want, but I really don't think Bungie/Activision deserves more money.

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I use DestinyLfg.net almost exclusively for raids/nightfalls and it generally works pretty well, but I do have a couple caveats. First, better players generally do raids shortly after the Tuesday reset. Nearly every Tuesday raid group I've had has been great and nearly every Sunday/Monday raid group I've had has struggled.

The other caveat is that it can take a while to get invited to a group. I will generally repost my info every few minutes but sometimes it will still take 20-30 minutes to get an invite (sigh).

At 28/29 you can do VoG. Wait until 30 to do the Nightfall and at 30/31 you can do Crota's End (I honestly find CE technically easier than VoG, though the level reqs are higher). If you can help it, don't use upgrade mats (especially ascendant energy/shards) on gear that doesn't have a potential max light level of 33 or higher. I watched a video guide before I did the raids for the first time, that's not necessary for the nightfall.

wigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@machofantastico: hey, im starting a group for gb users to raid. check out my forum post