Running missions on Heroic = better drops?

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

Does anybody know if the drop rates or potential engrams get better as you run story missions on the higher difficulties? Example: If running the first mission on level 28 will it give me better/more loot drops vs running on level 20 or am i just torturing myself fighting larger numbers of tougher enemies for no reason?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

It does not.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BoFooQ

I don't think so, its random either way. Even in vault of glass the few engrams that drop are usually green. I run daily challenges on higher level and have not seen any better drop rate. The daily challenges have higher rewards for higher level but the drops remain random.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

cool thanks! i'll just stick to dailies and weeklies until that potentially changes.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I usually get most of my blue engrams casually doing patrol missions for bounties. Strangely enough they come from Dregs more than any other enemy. Been pretty consistent.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

cool thanks! i'll just stick to dailies and weeklies until that potentially changes.

Are you talking 'drop' the random drops from enemies while in the game? Or 'drop' the reward drops you get for completing the mission? Because the latter absolutely improves the higher difficulty you choose for dailies and weeklies as well as the Raid.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@zevvion: He's talking about just regular ass missions not dailies or weekly ones.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The only consistent way to get drops is doing the Tiger Strike Playlist. You get a minimum of two blue drops at the end of each mission. Sometimes up to four drops and some people have even gotten legendaries.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Now that I think about it most of my purple drops have come from the level 8 strike when I was doing the Bad Juju bounty. It'd be nice if they tweaked it a bit but not too much I guess. I like some of the randomness and they're at least giving better rewards postgame for those higher level things.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Anund

@liquidprince said:

The only consistent way to get drops is doing the Tiger Strike Playlist. You get a minimum of two blue drops at the end of each mission. Sometimes up to four drops and some people have even gotten legendaries.

I've gotten exotic weapons twice as reward from the Tiger strike list. Got the MIDA Multi-Tool that way, and just tonight I was rewarded The Last Word. I almost feel bad. I've only seen exotics drop twice, ever, in Tiger strikes and I got both of them.