Where are all of the loot chests?

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This is crazy. I have seen only 2-3 and I'm level 8.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They are hidden. You need to check siderooms and balconies and places like that.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Don't bother, they never have anything good

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pweidman

@oursin_360 said:

Not true. I've gotten several upgrades from them let alone a ton of glimmer. They're everywhere, look harder tc.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pweidman said:

@oursin_360 said:

Not true. I've gotten several upgrades from them let alone a ton of glimmer. There everywhere, look harder tc.

Yeah chest loops are the best way to get glimmer.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By punisherkaos

They hide them really well.......to well its super annoying and they aren't even guaranteed to spawn. It's super frustrating cause I feel like you have to methodically check every nook and cranny and it kills the pacing of the missions. Also feels like there is not nearly enough loot.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those loot chests spawn constantly. A cave you may have searched a minute earlier and found nothing might have a chest in it now.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those loot chests spawn constantly. A cave you may have searched a minute earlier and found nothing might have a chest in it now.

Each area has a "chest allotment". If you find one it will spawn another one somewhere else in the area.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigdaddy81 said:

Each area has a "chest allotment". If you find one it will spawn another one somewhere else in the area.

Either way, I love it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pweidman said:

@oursin_360 said:

Not true. I've gotten several upgrades from them let alone a ton of glimmer. They're everywhere, look harder tc.

I haven't, all the gear i get is crap and i mean i get glimmer from everything so that doesn't really matter to me much.

devianthamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you happen to play with 2 other friends, it looks like only 2 people can use the chest before it disappears. Happened to me and my friends while playing so we rotated collecting.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pweidman said:

@oursin_360 said:

I haven't, all the gear i get is crap and i mean i get glimmer from everything so that doesn't really matter to me much.

My only exotic gear (and new ship!) came from chests. Luck of the random number generator! :)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Corevi

My only exotic gear (and new ship!) came from chests. Luck of the random number generator! :)

You found an entire space ship inside a chest? Are the chests secretly portals to the greed dimension?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OurSin_360
@ethanielrain said:

You found an entire space ship inside a chest? Are the chests secretly portals to the greed dimension?

it's bigger on the inside

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ottoman673

It's best to search for them in Patrol missions, no?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's best to search for them in Patrol missions, no?

Just got blue arms out of a gold chest in patrol on Venus.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my very first mission after the opening I found three loot chests, one with blue arms in them. Then again, I was literally trying to look in every side room and area I could. I mean, it's not Borderlands or anything, but the chests seem to be pretty plentiful if you go off the beaten path to look around.

VikingRk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just looked up guides for the golden chests on Earth and the Moon. The lack of a map makes hunting out the chests really unappealing to me.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@jadegl said:

In my very first mission after the opening I found three loot chests, one with blue arms in them. Then again, I was literally trying to look in every side room and area I could. I mean, it's not Borderlands or anything, but the chests seem to be pretty plentiful if you go off the beaten path to look around.

Really? I have found like... one. 7 hours in so far. Not saying I was looking every single corner for them, but I certainly kept my eyes open. It's a bummer that they expect me to take time to search around an environment that is no fun to explore just for the sake of loot that isn't that great.

maddman60620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the strikes have gold chest at least on the moon and earth ones, I found a ton of silver and random chest by just running around... some are high up on top of stuff or catwalks that you might have to double jump to, always look for those green lights.........

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By BonOrbitz

@oursin_360 said:

@corruptedevil said:
@ethanielrain said:

it's bigger on the inside

That's what she said.

The lack of loot chests were something I was concerned about in the Beta and was hoping they'd increase their locations. Too bad it doesn't look that way...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't really gone looking too much for chests. But I have found I'd say 10-12 in my 8-9 hours of play. If you see a small side room, check it. And if you come back by that way, check it again. It will probably have one. That is really all I have done. I've also seen them in odd places that I had to jump up to. Well only one. It was on a pipe on top of a wall. I've never seen a golden one though. Yet my Earth map shows I found 1/5.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Corevi
@sterling said:

I've never seen a golden one though. Yet my Earth map shows I found 1/5.

One of the gold chests is actually on the main path in the 3rd mission, so you probably picked it up and didn't notice.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They hide them really well.......to well its super annoying and they aren't even guaranteed to spawn. It's super frustrating cause I feel like you have to methodically check every nook and cranny and it kills the pacing of the missions. Also feels like there is not nearly enough loot.

I agree completely with this. I've just stopped looking. If I ever want to go and find them, I'll just check YouTube, even though I shouldn't have to do that. I started to look for them but, like you said, it kills the pacing of the missions. Chests would have been a good way to offset the relatively sparse drops from enemies, but they're too few and far between to make up for it. On top of that, they're not even guaranteed to have anything good.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pweidman said:

@oursin_360 said:

Not true. I've gotten several upgrades from them let alone a ton of glimmer. There everywhere, look harder tc.

Yeah chest loops are the best way to get glimmer.

So far glimmer seems pointless. I noticed in the beta that every time I saw armor or guns in the store I'd just find them on a mission or two later (usually from an enemy dropping something) and the same thing is happening after I've played the full game for hours & hours. I've yet to buy anything with money even though I've finished Earth, the moon, and half of Venus. The best loot seems to come from mission rewards... sometimes I don't even see that stuff in the store.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Corevi
@deathstriker said:

So far glimmer seems pointless. I noticed in the beta that every time I saw armor or guns in the store I'd just find them on a mission or two later (usually from an enemy dropping something) and the same thing is happening after I've played the full game for hours & hours. I've yet to buy anything with money even though I've finished Earth, the moon, and half of Venus. The best loot seems to come from mission rewards... sometimes I don't even see that stuff in the store.

It's good for getting a sick speeder or a rad cloak but for anything that has stats attached yes, drops will be better 99% of the time.

Glimmer is also useful for levelling the Cryptarch so he has better stock.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By probablytuna

I spent enough time in the beta to know where pretty much all the potential spawn points on Old Russia are (well except the areas blocked off by level ?? enemies which I can now access since I'm almost at 20). But now I have no idea where to start searching on the Moon and Venus.