Why not on PC?

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It doesn't need to have cross-play but I'd really would like to know why they are skipping the PC on this? Initially it sounded like it would be released on all platforms (minus WiiU) old gen and new but then suddenly the PC was off the table.

Anyone else bummed about this?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Wait I thought they were just not speaking of confirming that version yet. Did they confirm it's completely not happening at all now?

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the game is to be released Sept 9th and the beta is on so my guess is that it def. will not come out in Sept or even at all.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I doubt it's never coming to PC. The UI is soooo PCish.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I guess they just hate money.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why not Zoidberg?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never says 'Never'. But, also, don't hold your breath.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guarantee you it's coming eventually, but certainly not at launch. Every time they're asked abouta PC version they are very careful to make they aren't saying "no," but rather "not now." My guess is we'll see a PC version before the end of 2015.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it sounds like PC will come eventually, remember reading recently when asked they said that it would totally make sense but they currently don't have plans. Sounds to me like it will be ported to PC by a third party some time later.

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: I wonder how you can 'guarantee' that. I don't see any reason why this game has to be delayed for PC. There is little to no risk for piracy due to it being always online and there should be a large enough audience for PC out there to warrant it financially (It's practically an MMO). Also why miss the hype train? I can easily see a huge drop in interest for this game if released 6-12 months later on PC (Zeitgeist)

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: I wonder how you can 'guarantee' that. I don't see any reason why this game has to be delayed for PC. There is little to no risk for piracy due to it being always online and there should be a large enough audience for PC out there to warrant it financially (It's practically an MMO). Also why miss the hype train? I can easily see a huge drop in interest for this game if released 6-12 months later on PC (Zeitgeist)

Every single time they are asked the question they a make a specific point to say they aren't saying no, but that they aren't talking about it now. If it wasn't coming to PC they would just say no, there's no reason to give people hope by not saying no if it's not coming eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It will probably be f2p on the PC at some point.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Great question. No reason not to.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

No, I am not bummed because I'll be playing the game when it comes out.

That said, are they doing the ports in-house? If they are, that right there is a lot of work on it's own and I imagine they want to guarantee each one of those versions are as good as can be, It sucks that they're skipping the PC out the gate, but I cannot fathom that someone somewhere within Bungie and/or Activision somehow didn't think this whole thing through.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: Yeah it's all being done by Bungie which is one of the main reasons why a PC port isn't happening at launch.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feels very much like a PC game, but the devs made some excuse that they are very occupied with trying to get this game working smoothly on all 4 consoles as it is. I would take that as it will probably not make the release date and could possibly make it to PC at some point (more likely not) or just wait for the sequel that will hopefully be on PC at launch.

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I thought they were releasing it on PC as well, but there's still a possibility right? If not, I bet it'll come out for PC eventually. Though if I do get this game, it'd be on Xbox One or PS4 anyways.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#18  Edited By audioBusting

Wasn't it leaked that it's coming to Steam next year? Or was that fake?

Edit: nevermind, it was fake news from a clickbait site. Google Now recommended it to me =/

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Iron_Tool

Wasn't it leaked that it's coming to Steam next year? Or was that fake?

Edit: nevermind, it was fake news from a clickbait site. Google Now recommended it to me =/

lol

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It'll probably be on PC eventually. It's published by Activision and they're in the business of releasing games on everything. They had Call of Duty on the Wii and Wii U for years. No one played that!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@iron_tool: Why was GTA V delayed on PC?

It's all about the money.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By phampire
wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think their trying to distance themselves as far as possible from the mmorpgs genre, before the game comes out. Trying blend mmorpgs and fps into an easily accessible package (which they might do, going by the alpha), that Halo fans, and 'casual' shooter fans could get into. I guess they don't want to scare people off, or dismiss the game. A port will probably come out at some point.