#1 Posted by Iron_Tool (228 posts) -

It doesn't need to have cross-play but I'd really would like to know why they are skipping the PC on this? Initially it sounded like it would be released on all platforms (minus WiiU) old gen and new but then suddenly the PC was off the table.

Anyone else bummed about this?

#2 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

Wait I thought they were just not speaking of confirming that version yet. Did they confirm it's completely not happening at all now?

#3 Posted by Iron_Tool (228 posts) -

Well the game is to be released Sept 9th and the beta is on so my guess is that it def. will not come out in Sept or even at all.

#4 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3507 posts) -

I doubt it's never coming to PC. The UI is soooo PCish.

#5 Posted by AlexW00d (6444 posts) -

I guess they just hate money.

#6 Posted by GalacticPunt (1106 posts) -

Why not Zoidberg?

#7 Posted by Lukeweizer (2770 posts) -

Never says 'Never'. But, also, don't hold your breath.

#8 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1934 posts) -

I guarantee you it's coming eventually, but certainly not at launch. Every time they're asked abouta PC version they are very careful to make they aren't saying "no," but rather "not now." My guess is we'll see a PC version before the end of 2015.

#9 Posted by Zella (827 posts) -

Yeah it sounds like PC will come eventually, remember reading recently when asked they said that it would totally make sense but they currently don't have plans. Sounds to me like it will be ported to PC by a third party some time later.

#10 Posted by Iron_Tool (228 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: I wonder how you can 'guarantee' that. I don't see any reason why this game has to be delayed for PC. There is little to no risk for piracy due to it being always online and there should be a large enough audience for PC out there to warrant it financially (It's practically an MMO). Also why miss the hype train? I can easily see a huge drop in interest for this game if released 6-12 months later on PC (Zeitgeist)

#11 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1934 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: I wonder how you can 'guarantee' that. I don't see any reason why this game has to be delayed for PC. There is little to no risk for piracy due to it being always online and there should be a large enough audience for PC out there to warrant it financially (It's practically an MMO). Also why miss the hype train? I can easily see a huge drop in interest for this game if released 6-12 months later on PC (Zeitgeist)

Every single time they are asked the question they a make a specific point to say they aren't saying no, but that they aren't talking about it now. If it wasn't coming to PC they would just say no, there's no reason to give people hope by not saying no if it's not coming eventually.

#12 Posted by horseman6 (469 posts) -

It will probably be f2p on the PC at some point.

#13 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5997 posts) -

Great question. No reason not to.

#14 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4820 posts) -

No, I am not bummed because I'll be playing the game when it comes out.

That said, are they doing the ports in-house? If they are, that right there is a lot of work on it's own and I imagine they want to guarantee each one of those versions are as good as can be, It sucks that they're skipping the PC out the gate, but I cannot fathom that someone somewhere within Bungie and/or Activision somehow didn't think this whole thing through.

#15 Posted by Corevi (4953 posts) -

@babychoochoo: Yeah it's all being done by Bungie which is one of the main reasons why a PC port isn't happening at launch.

#16 Posted by Whitestripes09 (438 posts) -

Feels very much like a PC game, but the devs made some excuse that they are very occupied with trying to get this game working smoothly on all 4 consoles as it is. I would take that as it will probably not make the release date and could possibly make it to PC at some point (more likely not) or just wait for the sequel that will hopefully be on PC at launch.

#17 Posted by Bremaine (61 posts) -

Yeah I thought they were releasing it on PC as well, but there's still a possibility right? If not, I bet it'll come out for PC eventually. Though if I do get this game, it'd be on Xbox One or PS4 anyways.

#18 Edited by audioBusting (1649 posts) -

Wasn't it leaked that it's coming to Steam next year? Or was that fake?

Edit: nevermind, it was fake news from a clickbait site. Google Now recommended it to me =/

#19 Edited by Iron_Tool (228 posts) -

Wasn't it leaked that it's coming to Steam next year? Or was that fake?

Edit: nevermind, it was fake news from a clickbait site. Google Now recommended it to me =/

lol

#20 Posted by Pr1mus (3950 posts) -

It'll probably be on PC eventually. It's published by Activision and they're in the business of releasing games on everything. They had Call of Duty on the Wii and Wii U for years. No one played that!

#21 Edited by Jesus_Phish (1152 posts) -

@iron_tool: Why was GTA V delayed on PC?

It's all about the money.

#22 Edited by phampire (289 posts) -
#23 Posted by wallee321 (106 posts) -

I think their trying to distance themselves as far as possible from the mmorpgs genre, before the game comes out. Trying blend mmorpgs and fps into an easily accessible package (which they might do, going by the alpha), that Halo fans, and 'casual' shooter fans could get into. I guess they don't want to scare people off, or dismiss the game. A port will probably come out at some point.