Worth Getting For Last Gen? (PS3)

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PhilESkyline

So I haven't made the leap to PS4 yet primarily because I'm having to use/save money for other things such as car maintenance/repairs....sucks but that's life. I did however enjoy playing the beta for Destiny on PS3.

My question is, other than graphics is there any exclusive "current gen" (PS4/XB1) only content for Destiny that last gen (PS3/360) users will miss out on?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

No. PS3 and PS4 are the exact same content wise. 360 and One are the same as well except they don't have the various Playstation exclusive stuff. If you get the game digitally on PS3 then when you get a PS4 you'll get Destiny for that free.

Avatar image for captain1ndustry
Captain1ndustry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

From what I've seen of the beta, the PS3 version looks decent when compared to the PS4 version.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you buy the PS3 version you can download the PS4 version for free later. Google for details (offer does expire at some point).

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One major downside to having a PS3 is not being able to play Destiny online with my brother because he has a PS4. That would be huge is someone was able to connect both systems to one online service.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Fearbeard

Just pick it up for PS3 digitally if you are interested in the game. You get the PS4 version for free and should be able to transfer your character to the PS4 version. I think the PS4 version has to be "purchased" by January but if it's anything like the PSN free games you can initiate the sale on your computer so the game is registered to your account even if you don't have a ps4 yet. If you are geting a PS4 before January then you can just download it on that.

Make sure you buy the PS3 version digitally though as I don't think the retail physical versions apply.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One major downside to having a PS3 is not being able to play Destiny online with my brother because he has a PS4. That would be huge is someone was able to connect both systems to one online service.

Bungie actually said there is no technical reason stopping them from doing that, but they chose not to because they didn't want one group to have an advantage over the other since the higher resolution on PS4 makes it easier to see enemies, especially in the distance. It seems like a weird reason, especially considering competitive shooters on PC often have players with wildly different resolutions, but as someone that played both the PS3 and PS4 versions of the Destiny beta I can say I did find it difficult to identify enemies at long distance on PS3, which looks noticeably blurrier than the PS4 version.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By mike

I'm sure Digital Foundry will be doing some sort of comparison between versions pretty soon. The "good" news is that the PS4 and Xbox One versions both run at 30 fps, so at least the feel should be very similar.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, you get the next gen version free when you do. (Only if you upgrade with the same company though)

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on PS3 and while the game is certainly blurry, the framerate has been pretty solid, the graphics nice, and I've had fun with it. PS3 just has the same story/content/communication issues as the other platforms :)

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is everyone's PSN IDs? I want to try some strikes out!