Use the GiantBomb Chat Channel!

AtomicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AtomicEdge

Hey guys, I just want to say, that if you are new to Dota (perhaps because of one Bradly Shoemaker) that you should definitely hop into the GiantBomb chat channel.

I had only played against bots, and I joined the channel yesterday and got into a few newbie matches. There were some experts in there too who were super helpful and gave me some good tips on how to play etc.

Definitely a good place to go before digging into matchmaking!

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Wuddel

I approve of this post.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3 sweep  Moderator

I stopped going in there because it was always empty, but I really should hang out in there more.

At the moment I'm in the /v/ channel by default which is kinda fucked up. The things these eyes have seen...

XTraFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XTraFries

Played some games with dudes from the GB channel and it was a good time.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@sweep: We now have between 60 to 100 all the time and a few in house games a day.

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Played a couple matches tonight with some duders, awesome fun and way better than the horror I had been experiencing through solo-queue.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've been using the channel to play beginner games against other humans. Been working out pretty well.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I thought this thread was about some sort of general Giant Bomb channel for a moment. :(

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone should probably sticky this thread.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By squiDc00kiE

Yeah getting a group together in giantbomb chat is WAY better than going on your own into a pub. It has spoiled me into never playing solo whatsoever. People are generally much cooler and helpful there. Just make sure you let the people you group with know that you are a new player. Most I have found will be happy to help you learn the ropes, as would I!

If you're new to Dota, DONT PLAY PUB GAMES! I hate it when people get turned off of Dota, not because they dislike the game or some mechanic, but because they just get berated for feeding or general poor play. Play with cool people, get better, go kill things, win games, have fun, be awesome!