Arcade game images

mostboku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mostboku

I've been using Giant Bomb for quite a while now but I'm just now getting interested in contributing to the wiki. I read the FAQ but I have something I want more information on something before I start doing anything. It mostly pertains to arcade games--are personal photos of arcade machines allowed for arcade pages (providing they are high res and look good), or should some sort of stock photo from the manufacturer be found? There are some arcade game stubs I want to fill in but might be hard to find clean cabinet images of online, so my first instinct was to take my own.

I'm also concerned about screenshots. The FAQ discusses plagiarism but it seems to be only in terms of text. What images are considered usable and what aren't? Images from official sites for the games? Screenshots of player-made youtube videos of the games? I don't know how hardcore Giant Bomb is about image sources. I would assume in most games you would just take your own screenshots for the wiki, but with a lot of arcade games that gets really hard. I'd just like to know what things are and aren't allowed in terms of images before I get started. Thanks in advance.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I would say add photos of your cabinets for sure if there aren't any yet. I tend to like to use the flyer front pages as the cover art, but that is not always possible.

For screenshots I always try to take my own if I possibly can, but if that is not an option make sure they are a decent resolution and make sure there are no watermarks of any kind on them.