Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Mamba219

Hello all,

I've been writing a lot of articles for Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga lately, mostly character articles as of now (I plan to revamp everything for the entire game but taking one step at a time). As this is an RPG, some of the characters are fought as bosses. I was wondering, what is the site policy is on adding boss battle strategies to a character page? I realize that this is probably the territory of guides, but if character pages exist to provide people with depictions of characters, it seems logical to include that from a gameplay standpoint, as well as a story one. For example, Blinky from Pac-Man can hardly be described as anything else, can he?

I have yet to actually write any such strategies and will not do so until I have received a favorable response from the staff/mods here at Giantbomb.com, in case you are wondering.

Here, here, and here are some examples of such articles, note that I have the sections ready to go but have not written anything.

Thanks!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

His behavior in battle might be okay to include, but actual strategies are best left to guides.

Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mamba219
LordAndrew said:
"His behavior in battle might be okay to include, but actual strategies are best left to guides."
This response is appreciated, but I'd feel more comfortable if it came from a staffer or moderator, if it's all the same to you.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

I don't think moderators know much more than normal users. And staff don't pop in often, so I figured maybe some users could chime in. A lot of the time, the staff leave it up to the community to decide the best way to do things.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Endogene
LordAndrew said:
"I don't think moderators know much more than normal users. And staff don't pop in often, so I figured maybe some users could chime in. A lot of the time, the staff leave it up to the community do decide the best way to do things."
Pretty much yeah, there are no real hard rules regarding this but like lord andrew said best is to just include general behaviour in the wiki and actual strategies in a faq.
Mamba219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mamba219

Alright thanks for the input, saves me some time writing strats...

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#7  Edited By citizenkane

Yeah, it is best to include boss strategies in a separate guide and just have the description of the character in the person's page.