Does a Gender Exclusive Equipment concept exist?

sodacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I've tried a few searches and haven't found one, but some of the concepts have cute TV Tropes titles that make them hard to find.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Moonshadow101

The only way to ever find anything on TVTropes is to go to the page for a game/show/whatever that you know uses the trope and search for it. Maybe try that? I'd help, but I can't think of a game with gender-exclusive equipment right now.

sodacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sodacat

All the Suikodens do. Xenosaga III has a few items that can either be shared between the female humanoids (Shion and MOMO) or the boy humanoids (chaos and Jr.). A few low level items can be shared between Jonathan and Charlotte in CV: PoR, but the heavy armor and frilly dresses are exclusive to one or the other.

I only brought up TV Tropes because it seems like a few GB concepts borrowed their names from there. Drives me batty.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

I've seen a number of RPGs that featured gear that was specific to characters of one gender or another. If there isn't a concept for this already, I see no reason why there shouldn't be.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

This seems like a concept page that should exist. How else am I going to find out which Final Fantasy games have the ribbon as a female-exclusive item?

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By triple07

I haven't seen one so I say someone make it and if we end up finding an existing concept we can merge them.

Edit: I'll make one but it has to go through moderation.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

sodacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hailinel said:

I've seen a number of RPGs that featured gear that was specific to characters of one gender or another. If there isn't a concept for this already, I see no reason why there shouldn't be.

Dragons Dogma is one of em.