Question regarding concepts.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

I am not sure this thread should be in this board. But anyway.

I was browsing through Giant Bomb wikis when I came across this one. Games that have a blue team against a red team are in should be in that page. But notice how all the concepts, characters, locations  and objects from those games are in the page. Should these concepts be there just because they are concepts to the games that relate tot his concept? Same goes to objects, locations and caracters obviously.

My opinion? Someone was point farming.

Oh and also, I think this image should be the default image. Not the one that relates to the machinima series. But that goes on another thread.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Disgaeamad

Personally, I'd say it's valid to include them, as they are linked to the concept itself. That, and the that one of GiantBomb's purposes was, according to one of the How to Build a Bomb episode, to link things together, so it only makes sense.

Also, changed the main image for you.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snail
Disgaeamad said:
"Personally, I'd say it's valid to include them, as they are linked to the concept itself. That, and the that one of GiantBomb's purposes was, according to one of the How to Build a Bomb episode, to link things together, so it only makes sense.Also, changed the main image for you. "
I think this is taking "linking stuff" way too far. I mean, what does a MA5C Assault Rifle have to do with Red VS Blue?

I've already posted the request on that thread, and I've realized I could have changed it.

Silly me.
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Disgaeamad

Perhaps the objects section is stretching things a little. Other than that, though, I don't see it as much of a problem. But this is all just my personal opinion, so hopefully a wiki mod can give us some input.

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#5  Edited By JackiJinx

I'm agreeing on the weapons part. That's too much of a stretch. The rest of it seems fine to me, except for some of the locations that are much too general. Space? No. RvB maps are in space, but so is everything in the world.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Endogene
Disgaeamad said:
"Perhaps the objects section is stretching things a little. Other than that, though, I don't see it as much of a problem. But this is all just my personal opinion, so hopefully a wiki mod can give us some input. "

I wish i could give a clear answer about this but like most things on giant bomb there are no hard rules for this. I guess that if there is a weapon that can only be used in a special mode then the object page of the weapon may be attached to the concept page of that mode. Or when a object is key for a game mode like the flagg object mode to the capture the flag concept page. 

However it does not look like this concept is about a game mode but rather the default colour palette used in online team versus modes so i will have to agree with everyone here that having weapons attached to it is quite a strech. The only argument i can see for weapons to be attached to this is that the weapons have different team skin colours (is that even the case in the games that they are from?) but even then this concept is not for that.

Also the concepts attached to this concept have nothing to do with it, the only valid concept i see that could be attached to this concept is "team colour" and something like "team versus mode". I doubt that every game that uses red an blue as the default team colours has regenerating heath and grunts in them.

Guess it would be best to rework this concept page a bit so it says something clear like "games that use red and blue as default team colours in muliplayer game modes".

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Snail
Endogene said:
"The only argument i can see for weapons to be attached to this is that the weapons have different team skin colours (is that even the case in the games that they are from?) but even then this concept is not for that."
That rarely happens anyway.

Endogene said:
"Disgaeamad said:
"Perhaps the objects section is stretching things a little. Other than that, though, I don't see it as much of a problem. But this is all just my personal opinion, so hopefully a wiki mod can give us some input. "
Also the concepts attached to this concept have nothing to do with it, the only valid concept i see that could be attached to this concept is "team colour" and something like "team versus mode".
For the record, I put those there. Some loser (also a Halo fanboy) was obviously point farming.

Endogene said:
"Guess it would be best to rework this concept page a bit so it says something clear like "games that use red and blue as default team colours in muliplayer game modes"."
Mate, what you are looking at has been reworked by me. It was far worst before. And the article was more informative about the machinima than the concept itself. There were concepts such as "lag", and many others.

I'll be editing it based on the discussion on this thread. I just wanted to have a second opinion before doing any dramatic changes.
Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Disgaeamad
Endogene said:
"Also the concepts attached to this concept have nothing to do with it, the only valid concept i see that could be attached to this concept is "team colour" and something like "team versus mode". I doubt that every game that uses red an blue as the default team colours has regenerating heath and grunts in them."
Not necessarily. Most of the concepts listed there are valid as they have a direct link to the concept of Red Vs Blue (Capture the Flag, Splitscreen Multiplayer, etc), while the rest are related through the games they're in that feature Red Vs Blue.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snail
Disgaeamad said:
"Endogene said:
"Also the concepts attached to this concept have nothing to do with it, the only valid concept i see that could be attached to this concept is "team colour" and something like "team versus mode". I doubt that every game that uses red an blue as the default team colours has regenerating heath and grunts in them."
Not necessarily. Most of the concepts listed there are valid as they have a direct link to the concept of Red Vs Blue (Capture the Flag, Splitscreen Multiplayer, etc), while the rest are related through the games they're in that feature Red Vs Blue."
I left those.